Visiting Atlantis from cruise allowed?

mikewdw

Original Poster

Planning cruise early june. When in Nassau can you just go over to Atlantis and look around and visit or must you book some kind of excursion there? curious about the resort
thanks
mikewdw

EOD K9

You can either take a sponsored excursion through a Port Adventure or you can get off the boat, hail a cab, and go yourself.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As has been stated, yes you can.

If you have never been before or are not very familiar with the area, I would recommend paying for the excursion through Disney.

Not only will you get transportation to and from and a guided tour, but there is a near zero chance of you getting left at port. If you go on your own or through another company and are late getting back to the ship there is a good chance that you will see your ship sailing over the horizon without you.

Club Cooloholic

We have taken a cab everytime and had no issues, there are tons of them there and back. You could also take a boat, have not done that yet but seems like a nice option. I have always had a wristband so I don't know if anyone is actually checking outside the water rides to see if you have one on when walking around the pools and aquarium. I have been there twice and both times the beach area(which is public and free) was very windy and the surf not safe looking so go elsewhere if your planning that.

21stamps

No, you can not wonder around inside Atlantis unless you are staying there or have a day pass.

We have taken a cab everytime and had no issues, there are tons of them there and back. You could also take a boat, have not done that yet but seems like a nice option. I have always had a wristband so I don't know if anyone is actually checking outside the water rides to see if you have one on when walking around the pools and aquarium. I have been there twice and both times the beach area(which is public and free) was very windy and the surf not safe looking so go elsewhere if your planning that.

Yes, they have several check points. I’ve noticed that some times of year are more than others.. I’ve stayed several times over NYE and those dates appear to have the most checks, but summer still has them. We always stay in the Royal Towers, forgot my key card at the beach, just wanted to go to my room before retrieving it.. had to trek all the way to the front desk, highly annoyed.

21stamps

Here’s the beach by The Reef (building at Atlantis) Mostly relatively calm and beautiful, but I have no idea how you would access it without credentials. Would most likely be an extremely long walk.
8BD4DD31-1E93-405B-B792-9A696B2EFE65.jpeg

The day passes sold by the ships (without Aquaventure) appear reasonably priced. You may want to check it out. :)

EOD K9

I did hear a rumor years ago that there was a hotel across the street that had four passes included in your stay. Most people would check in and use it to shower and change. The room charge was cheaper than the four passes. People would also just check in and out at the same time just to get the passes. I do however wish I knew where I saw it so I could quote the article.

21stamps

I did hear a rumor years ago that there was a hotel across the street that had four passes included in your stay. Most people would check in and use it to shower and change. The room charge was cheaper than the four passes. People would also just check in and out at the same time just to get the passes. I do however wish I knew where I saw it so I could quote the article.
I think it’s the Comfort Suites.. they’ve always had the passes available. We’ve had friends stay there while we were staying at Atlantis a few times when room availability was tough. That was pre Reef and Cove though. But I think it’s still the same.

ETA-

Yep.. you can still stay there and get wristbands. http://www.comfortsuitespi.com/m/
BA49B0FA-1A9C-4AD7-87A8-C6CAC2ED60AC.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom