Visiting a Resort without DDR

Stryker927

Original Poster
Hi,

We have visited many resorts through the years but always had a DDR that would get us through security and allow us to park. The kids want to visit the Polynesian again and my wife and I enjoy the Trader Sam's Patio so we would like to visit again for a few hours. I have read online that you can park for 3 hours in the lot which is plenty of time for us to visit the patio, grab some food, and maybe even do a quick trip around the monorail.

I assume I can go there, tell them what we are doing and show ID. Does anyone see any reason that would not work? We would be arriving around 4 and leaving around 7 so no reason to be suspicious of us trying to park there and get into MK all day.

Appreciate anyone's recent experiences or feedback. Thanks!

Dave B

You should have no worries, we have never had a problem, we resort hop every trip, just let them know why you are coming at the front gate and they will tell you where to park

Have fun

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You may be turned away during an exceptionally busy period (such as the two weeks surrounding Easter/summer) unless you have a dining reservation. Monorail resorts are becoming strict with parking during all times of day.

Dave B

Right on, we have been 6 or 7 times the last 5 years, always visited and never had a problem, just our perspective, We usually go either Fall Break in Oct or Thanksgiving in Nov, we also have gone Spring Break in March, always been able to visit and eat at another resort without DDR,

Weather_Lady

Hi,

We have visited many resorts through the years but always had a DDR that would get us through security and allow us to park. The kids want to visit the Polynesian again and my wife and I enjoy the Trader Sam's Patio so we would like to visit again for a few hours. I have read online that you can park for 3 hours in the lot which is plenty of time for us to visit the patio, grab some food, and maybe even do a quick trip around the monorail.

I assume I can go there, tell them what we are doing and show ID. Does anyone see any reason that would not work? We would be arriving around 4 and leaving around 7 so no reason to be suspicious of us trying to park there and get into MK all day.

Another option (if you don't have to pay, anyway) would be to park at the TTC -- there's a short walking path to the Polynesian from there, and you won't have to worry about a time limit.

anchorman314

Last May, we tried driving to the Grand Floridian for breakfast at the QS location there. We told the guard our plans (breakfast, then leaving in the car), but he wouldn't let us in without an ADR. He said we could go in and make a reservation, but we tried explaining that the QS doesn't have reservations. So we ended up going elsewhere. I'd certainly try parking at the Poly, and keeping Weather_Lady's suggestion in mind as a backup plan.

Occasional Guest

Park at Disney Springs and take the bus. We enjoy resort hopping and visiting the various resorts for lunch and general wondering through the gift shops for interesting resort specific merchandise.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It all depends on the day. If it is 4th of July, Christmas day, or in some cases even a party night you will not be allowed in without a dining reservation. There are usually signs stating this on such days.

Stryker927

Original Poster
Another option (if you don't have to pay, anyway) would be to park at the TTC -- there's a short walking path to the Polynesian from there, and you won't have to worry about a time limit.
When you say park at TTC, are you referencing MK parking or using the small lot by the gift shop and lost and found area or the guest drop off parking?

HwdStudio

Hi,

ETA as @Weather_Lady said Park at TTC and walk to the Poly. That never crossed my mind.

It really depends on when you go. The GF and Poly were turning guests without ADR away. If it is not during peak you may have a chance. The guard at GF wouldn’t let us in to buy Gingerbread and we own DVC there. Of course we weren’t guests of that resort at the time. We were staying somewhere else. You could always park at the TTC and take the Monorail to the Poly.

BrittanyRose428

You'll see the sign out front if there is going to be an issue. On busy weeks it will say that parking is limited to resort guests and guests with dining reservations, but the majority of the time you're good to go. If you're worried about it though or would rather not drive it's easy to park at Disney Springs and take the bus or the TTC like others mentioned if you wouldn't be paying to park there.

danyoung56

Remember, if you want to take the monorail around, Disney has moved Security for the MK to the monorail loading platforms. So every time you leave a resort to get on the monorail, you're subject to security scan.

Stryker927

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips. Good to know that a sign would/should be posted. We dealt with the security last year doing the monorail resort loop. Fun stuff! :/

Nemo14

We went over to the Poly Sunday just to get a Dole Whip and originally the guard told us we couldn't do that. (the sign was up at the time) He thought a minute and then said we could park over on the right if we were only going to be there for a few minutes. So it might depend on the guard too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom