Visit the parks that do not have EMH

Iteachwood

Original Poster
If you are going to be in WDW for more than few days I would highly suggest you visit the parks that are not offering the EMH. They are so packed. Not that the others are not but not as much as the EMH....sleep a little longer and go to the 9am openings. If you go to the night EMH its a little better especially if you take advantage of the midnight...2am closings.

ArtieJim

This is good advice, whewn my girlfriend and I were there back in October we actually avoided the morning EMH, why should we wake up early to go to the park in the morning when it's hot. We would go to parks that didn't have EMH during the day/afternoon then make our way to the evening EMH when we'd had our fill of whichever park. Sleeping later is the way to go.

Aurora&Phillip

Emh

I have never taken advantage of the morning EMH because my boyfriend is not an early riser (unless I make him haha), but I can say that we always take advantage of the evening EMH and have NEVER had a problem with the crowds. In Feb 2010 we went during Presidents Week, one night MK was open until 3:00am, it was like we have the park to ourselves; we experienced the same thing in August 2010. If you do not have young children the evening EMH are usually your best bet to avoid all the lines.:rolleyes:

Lucky

My spouse & kids tend to sleep late, so we never do MEMH. We tend to avoid EEMH because of the crowds, but sometimes it's nice to do a ride or two after Wishes or Illuminations and still get to the bus stop before the park-closing rush.

Patrick_Ears

We like the EEMH also, for one it's more cooler at night and general public is out. We never had a problem with evening hours.

britdaw

I'm definitely NOT a morning person but I can't see the sense in keeping my kids out til 2 am. LOL Looks like I'll be forcing myself to get up early some days... But not EVERY day! LOL

suechris2

always use them

I'm not a morning person but I'm always up early when we visit the parks. I'm up super early and like to fill up my refullable mug and sit by the pool for a few. Then wake up the family and hit the parks early. My wife and I both like to stay late for EMH. My son sleeps in his carriage and we walk the park and take turns going on rides.

Jakester

Since im an AP, I usually avoid the park with EMH Evening. I went to Mk once with a 12am close with EMH afterwards n didnt like the park not feeling empty around 12am, so ever since then, i avoid the parks with EMH Evening.

epcotWSC

I agree, but sometimes it's hard.

This time I'll be doing 2 of 5 park days on EMH. Both of which are Magic Kingdom (one AM & one PM). However, the thing is for DHS, Fantasmic! is on the nights where there are no EMH, so guess what? On the days that DHS closes at 9PM, you'll still have crowds because of Fantasmic.

mrsdanalind

Morning or Evening?

I'm not a morning person but I'm always up early when we visit the parks. I'm up super early and like to fill up my refullable mug and sit by the pool for a few. Then wake up the family and hit the parks early. My wife and I both like to stay late for EMH. My son sleeps in his carriage and we walk the park and take turns going on rides.

We always used the meemh when the kids were little, becasue we could do the parks, get the rides and go back to the resort for a swim and a nap, but as they got older, (and complained about getting up at the crack of dawn) we slowly started to switch to the eemh because it made sense since we all wanted to sleep in. The Best of Both Worlds, we could sleep in, get a lazy breakfast, meander around the parks, go back, rest, and then go eat dinner and enjoy the parks and rides in the evening while the majority of the public was on their way homes. :slurp:

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
During the Fall and Winter (excluding Xmas/New Year's week) the night time EMH has always been wonderful to me. December '07 with a 2am closing time to DAK my younger brother and I were fortunate enough to do EE 23 times back to back. MK usually allows us to back to back SM (both of them) for hours at a time. I do not even try to touch the morning hours. I prefer to have a nice sit down breakfast somewhere instead.

becanya

both years that we went in October we had good luck with MEMH at DHS. We got in the park and rode everything we wanted to ride in like 40 minutes. It was great. We haven't ever done EEMH in the past, having little kids and all. But this year DD is finally 3 and doesn't need the crazy amount of sleep that she used to need. So we'll be doing EEMH at DHS one night and EEMH at MK another night.

alawrence

This is something that my wife and I have been doing our last three trips. I can not tell you that last time that we have had to wait more than 30 minutes to ride anything!!! Also, tour groups and football/cheer leading teams will always do the EMH parks. :wave:

Minnie1976

We always take advantage of the EMH at the Magic Kingdom and MGM in the morning. In the evening I have found that it is hard to get on the big attractions at MGM, but the Magic Kingdom when it gets late you can almost walk on eveything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom