News VISIT FLORIDA Research report highlights dramatic reduction in visitors to Florida

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Considering the NY/NJ Tristate area is the number one domestic source of visitors to most parts of Florida and the tit-for-tat quarantine requirements between the various states involved, is anyone really surprised?
Well...if you have rocks between your ears...you are.

But if you want to rewind the dial...who had a ton of shade thrown their way in the early days?

New York...New Jersey...California...Michigan...Pennsylvania...Illinois...Connecticut...Massachusetts...Ohio

...not smart if you built your state around them to have them come and give you their money...not at all

YorkshireT

We can’t come from UK- that alone is a huge loss of money pumped into the economy- most of us come for 2 weeks minimum.

Dan Deesnee

Visitors will likely only go up from here in q3 and 4, and by a large amount. Those in power are seeing the results of the decisions they've made. NY is a ghost town. Can only be sustained for so long before they have no choice but to loosen restrictions and get people traveling again, and quickly. Basic economics.

Won't be anywhere close to back to normal for a long time, but a good 20-30% uptick from those numbers seems reasonable by years end.

gljvd

I'm in jersey and a lot of people I know are starting to slowly go back. Most have trips planned during the school year. I also think how badly murphy handled the covid stuff is making people spend money else where. I have family that canceled jersey shore trips and are spending that money at disney. Which believe it or not is comparably priced esp now that flights are so cheap

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Visitors will likely only go up from here in q3 and 4, and by a large amount. Those in power are seeing the results of the decisions they've made. NY is a ghost town. Can only be sustained for so long before they have no choice but to loosen restrictions and get people traveling again, and quickly. Basic economics.

Won't be anywhere close to back to normal for a long time, but a good 20-30% uptick from those numbers seems reasonable by years end.
Nope...

The flu season is gonna Impact travel even more...

It’s all about perception and there is no way to fight that.

You’re also assuming the smoke and mirrors money is gonna continue...which is unlikely

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm in jersey and a lot of people I know are starting to slowly go back. Most have trips planned during the school year. I also think how badly murphy handled the covid stuff is making people spend money else where. I have family that canceled jersey shore trips and are spending that money at disney. Which believe it or not is comparably priced esp now that flights are so cheap
Are you in wildwood? Because that’s the “minority” opinion I got to tell you. The burbs don’t seem eager to go back.

There will be a loosening up IF things continue to trend the right way. But the fall/winter is a wildcard.

I have trips planned during the school year - every year - that’s a very “Jersey” thing. And I don’t want to give that up...doubt anyone does...but right now it’s holding on pending new info. A lot of those will be cancelled too.

Lilofan

Considering the NY/NJ Tristate area is the number one domestic source of visitors to most parts of Florida and the tit-for-tat quarantine requirements between the various states involved, is anyone really surprised?
Shocking that a roundtrip non stop on Spirit Airlines , Newark to Orlando is $35!

ParentsOf4

I think I am actually surprised it wasn't worse.
WDW closed for all 3 months.

Universal closed for 2 months and reporting soft attendance for the month it was opened.

Air travelers down by 85.2%.

Who exactly were the 12.8 million visitors?

The beach!

beach-crowded-nt.jpg

Fe Maiden

Are you in wildwood? Because that’s the “minority” opinion I got to tell you. The burbs don’t seem eager to go back.

There will be a loosening up IF things continue to trend the right way. But the fall/winter is a wildcard.

I have trips planned during the school year - every year - that’s a very “Jersey” thing. And I don’t want to give that up...doubt anyone does...but right now it’s holding on pending new info. A lot of those will be cancelled too.

Agreed. We had a cruise cancel and decided to do a beach/park vacation in FL and when the numbers started to spike in June we cancelled and will be spending a week in Wildwood Crest. Plenty of social distancing on Wildwood's beaches.

We have a freshman heading off to college in a few weeks and it wasn't worth the risk. He would have to quarantine for two weeks and considering the crap senior year they had didn't want to risk him delaying his move in and start to college.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom