VISA Disney Rewards Dollars

bebert

Trying to get an idea of how to use the rewards card for our trip coming up in June. This would not the actual credit card but, the card we will receive from VISA with our reward dollars.
We have booked the trip through a travel agent and will be on the dining plan.
My questions are:
How have you used the rewards card? What were some positive and negative experiences?
What is the best\easiest way to use the card?
Can you load the rewards card on a Magic Band?

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
When we get to our resort, we usually put our Visa Points Card in the hotel room safe and while we are in the park, we charge everything to our room. The night before we check out, we go to the front desk and pay for any charges with the Disney Dollars/Points. Have a Magical Trip! :cat:

This is exactly what we do. With over $500 on our card and counting for this summer, it will feel like many things are free (feel like...sadly, we know the truth). ;)

Upvote 0

mishel635

We did what most people on here have said. I used it for souvenirs throughout the week and then on our last day, used it to settle up on our room charges.

Upvote 0

RinkaDink

Don't wait until you get to the park/resort to order the card, I have repeatedly had trouble transferring points when I needed to via cell phone or room phone at resort. There's also usually a line at guest relations. That said, I use my Disney Visa for EVERYTHING possible, gas, groceries, insurance, home heating oil. I' m paying for 80% of my 10 day resort stay at Pop Century just with points. 2 years ago, I paid for the full week's stay. I ordered my card once the last possible month's points had accrued at the billing cycle date before our trip. I'll pay for the resort when I get the card. To get the most possible points, I already paid the 20% remainder of the resort balance and I ordered $900 in Disney gift cards from Disney.com, which will be used to pay for meals and shopping while there. Might as well get the points before I go.

Upvote 0

hollymc3

I always wait to transfer the reward dollars to the card until right before I am going to the concierge to pay off the charges to the room. During the trip I charge everything to the room so I can see on the folio exactly how I kissed all my money away.
So...... The family can use their magic bands and I can then pay in the lobby at the end of the day with my rewards card? I have $600 reward dollars saved !

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

So...... The family can use their magic bands and I can then pay in the lobby at the end of the day with my rewards card? I have $600 reward dollars saved !
Exactly. It works out really well. This upcoming trip our credit card closes the day after we get to Disney so I'll be able to transfer and use those reward dollars as well.

Upvote 0

hollymc3

Any idea how long the card takes to arrive? I can't remember. My acct closes on 1/6 I leave on 1/24. Should I order in Dec. and transfer in January or hold out Until Jan?

Upvote 0

harryk

We only transfer a modest amount of $$ to the card for use when we first get to the parks since it is so easy to add $$ as we go along. We use the card to pay the tips which are not included with the DDP and for adult beverages which are also not included on the DDP. We also are aware of the expiration date of the Rewards Card - make sure we don't lose any $$ when it expires.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

You have to put some of your points on the card when you order it. I used to put the minimum to get the card sent then transfer what I wanted just before we left or I used it for purchasing tickets. This way if something happened to the card in the mailing process we didn't lose all of our points. I have used it to pay off the room charges, in stores at WDW, and for meals. By and far the easiest was to just charge to the room then take the point card to the front desk and pay off the room charges.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom