VISA Disney Rewards Dollars

bebert

Trying to get an idea of how to use the rewards card for our trip coming up in June. This would not the actual credit card but, the card we will receive from VISA with our reward dollars.
We have booked the trip through a travel agent and will be on the dining plan.
My questions are:
How have you used the rewards card? What were some positive and negative experiences?
What is the best\easiest way to use the card?
Can you load the rewards card on a Magic Band?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I have used the reward card to purchase tickets, food and souvenirs. It works like a debit card, so it is easy to pay for things with it; the downside is you don't want to lose it because if someone else uses it you cannot get those reward dollars back.

I do not think rewards dollars can be linked to a MagicBand.

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

I have used the reward card to purchase tickets, food and souvenirs. It works like a debit card, so it is easy to pay for things with it; the downside is you don't want to lose it because if someone else uses it you cannot get those reward dollars back.

I do not think rewards dollars can be linked to a MagicBand.

I always wait to transfer the reward dollars to the card until right before I am going to the concierge to pay off the charges to the room. During the trip I charge everything to the room so I can see on the folio exactly how I kissed all my money away.

Upvote 0

bebert

Original Poster
I always wait to transfer the reward dollars to the card until right before I am going to the concierge to pay off the charges to the room. During the trip I charge everything to the room so I can see on the folio exactly how I kissed all my money away.
This is the idea I was kicking around.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Trying to get an idea of how to use the rewards card for our trip coming up in June. This would not the actual credit card but, the card we will receive from VISA with our reward dollars.
We have booked the trip through a travel agent and will be on the dining plan.
My questions are:
How have you used the rewards card? What were some positive and negative experiences?
What is the best\easiest way to use the card?
Can you load the rewards card on a Magic Band?

Just like a regular gift card.

You have to have the physical card. No digital versions.

If you have not paid off the vacation yet, you should be able to apply tbe card to your balance.

I'm pretty sure you can not add the balance to your magic band....for now.

Upvote 0

Ben_since_1971

I use my rewards dollars to pay for the trip. Then any I earn between then and the trip (the paying of the trip being one of them!!) I use on souvenirs, other expenses, etc. We usually use it at WOD along with the 20% QS coupon and end up saving big money on stuff.

Upvote 0

bebert

Original Poster
I use my rewards dollars to pay for the trip. Then any I earn between then and the trip (the paying of the trip being one of them!!) I use on souvenirs, other expenses, etc. We usually use it at WOD along with the 20% QS coupon and end up saving big money on stuff.
My wife discovered this last November at WOD. So since she was saving up to 30%, she could just buy more!AHHH:greedy::greedy::banghead::banghead:

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We usually have around $200 rewards dollars, and we order the card right before our trip. Or we transfer them if we already have a card that isn't expired. We've always used them for little things - souvenirs, snacks, etc. We love having the extra rewards! If I don't have any trips planned, sometimes I'll use them at the Disney store too.

Upvote 0

kjb101791

Just don't let it get too close to the trip to order the card. I don't remember how long it took to get mine, but it wasn't an overnight thing. Even if you get it before a big payment (to get more money on the card), it's better to have the card because you can instantaneously add more Disney Dollars once you physically have it.

Upvote 0

bebert

Original Poster
Just don't let it get too close to the trip to order the card. I don't remember how long it took to get mine, but it wasn't an overnight thing. Even if you get it before a big payment (to get more money on the card), it's better to have the card because you can instantaneously add more Disney Dollars once you physically have it.
I was not aware you could add more to it once you had it, thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Sorry but what is the 20% qs coupon?
It is a coupon you can get from your quick service meal receipts when you are in the parks. It really is a good deal.
FYI the 20% discount coupon on a quick service meal receipt is only offered during high volume times of the year. When I have received the coupon, the restrictions were:
20% off your total bill before 1 p.m. (with some items excluded) at the following locations only
MK ~ The Emporium
Epcot ~ MouseGear
AK ~ Island Mercantile
DHS ~ Keystone Clothiers and Mouse About Town

I don't remember the World of Disney Store being an option. @bebert, how did your wife save 30% there?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you forget to order your rewards card, you can get one at Guest Relations in DTD.

Upvote 0

bebert

Original Poster
FYI the 20% discount coupon on a quick service meal receipt is only offered during high volume times of the year. When I have received the coupon, the restrictions were:
20% off your total bill before 1 p.m. (with some items excluded) at the following locations only
MK ~ The Emporium
Epcot ~ MouseGear
AK ~ Island Mercantile
DHS ~ Keystone Clothiers and Mouse About Town

I don't remember the World of Disney Store being an option. @bebert, how did your wife save 30% there?
Combo of the quick service coupon and our VISA card. It was during Thanksgiving week so your are spot on with the high volume times.

Upvote 0

SAV

Just don't let it get too close to the trip to order the card. I don't remember how long it took to get mine, but it wasn't an overnight thing.

Even if you forget, you can just go to guest services at any park or DTD and get a card. Then transfer your points to it on a computer/phone. We did this last June without a problem.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom