Villians in Fantasy Forest? Please?

Legalos

Original Poster
I bet it's been thought of many times, but wouldn't it be cool to have a more villains in the Magic Kingdom? I mean when I go to the parks, I realize I never usually see villains for meet and greets, or in rides etc. I usually see them in shows. Why aren't they abundant in the Magic Kingdom? :brick:

If I were Disney I would make a special (New) area (Not a 5th gate) in this New Fantasyland expansion just for the Disney villains (Maleficent, and Chernabog etc.) . To me I think it would be a wonderful idea, and I think they can do amazing things with it. They can make rides out of this idea in the villain land, have meet and greets, and build villain castles, and lures. Who knows, I think it would be great, to see what Disney would think up with this kind of idea in Fantasy Forest. Besides, what's a bunch a princess castles in a fairytale setting, without some kind of antagonist not too far off? This simple idea can answer the question that many of you complain about: What's in Fantasy Forest that won't only appeal to my daughter? ;)

:wave:please give me your two cents.

glee

I bet it's been thought of many times, but wouldn't it be cool to have a more villains in the Magic Kingdom? I mean when I go to the parks, I realize I never usually see villains for meet and greets, or in rides etc. I usually see them in shows. Why aren't they abundant in the Magic Kingdom? :brick:

If I were Disney I would make a special (New) area (Not a 5th gate) in this New Fantasyland expansion just for the Disney villains (Maleficent, and Chernabog etc.) . To me I think it would be a wonderful idea, and I think they can do amazing things with it. They can make rides out of this idea in the villain land, have meet and greets, and build villain castles, and lures. Who knows, I think it would be great, to see what Disney would think up with this kind of idea in Fantasy Forest. Besides, what's a bunch a princess castles in a fairytale setting, without some kind of antagonist not too far off? This simple idea can answer the question that many of you complain about: What's in Fantasy Forest that won't only appeal to my daughter? ;)

:wave:please give me your two cents.

That would be cool! Very good idea. Even like a dungeon or something. :rolleyes:

We can dream. :rolleyes::sohappy:

Ive only ever seen captain hook to be honest.

tiaragirl

Would love to see Gaston out and about for a meet and greet in the new FL.. I feel like these things could be integratd with little effort. Blah.

sorcerergoofy

I agree 100%!!! I LOVE the Disney Villains!! That's probably why I love Fantasmic so much!

If I could have my way, there would be an entire park dedicated to those guys!!!!

Master Gracey 5

100% behind you on this one. They should have integrated the villains from the start, though people will claim Gaston's Tavern does this. (On a side note does anyone actually know what they are doing with that?)

I like glee's suggestion of a dungeon area. Maleficent kept Prince Phillip in the dungeon, why not do something with Sleeping Beauty area and incorporate this?

IMO the villains have so much more depth to their characters than the heroes often do, so its a shame that more isn't done with them. I guess its the whole idea that we're supposed to be rooting for the good guys all along.

tiaragirl

100% behind you on this one. They should have integrated the villains from the start, though people will claim Gaston's Tavern does this. (On a side note does anyone actually know what they are doing with that?)

I like glee's suggestion of a dungeon area. Maleficent kept Prince Phillip in the dungeon, why not do something with Sleeping Beauty area and incorporate this?

IMO the villains have so much more depth to their characters than the heroes often do, so its a shame that more isn't done with them. I guess its the whole idea that we're supposed to be rooting for the good guys all along.

I fully root for the good guys, but Disney has some EXCELLENT villains.. just watched Hercules last night and Hades is such a great character.

The list could go on, of course, but I really love Hades.

DizneyPryncess

I fully root for the good guys, but Disney has some EXCELLENT villains.. just watched Hercules last night and Hades is such a great character.

The list could go on, of course, but I really love Hades.

It's so funny that you said this. I also watched Hercules last night! My husband had never seen it, and I was raving about how Hades is such an awesome villain. :lol:

I love the idea of villains being a bigger part of the park. At Halloween time you can usually see a lot of them out & about. In Disneyland this year, we saw the Wicked Queen, Jafar, Cruella De Ville, the Queen of Hearts and Captain Hook. We only were able to get pictures with the first 3, the lines kept shutting off. They were hilarious! I never had so much fun interacting with characters. There's some pictures in my DL album. I was hoping to see Maleficent or Hades, but no such luck!

tonynull

I agree that the villains add so much fun to the park. We have had great laughs with Hook, Cruella, Jafar, The Evil Queen, Queen of Hearts and Maleficent. Would love to see more!

Legalos

Original Poster

My thoughts exactly I agree 100 percent. They can do so much with the villains.

Just think walking up to Maleficent's castle deep in Fantasy Forest:

Sleeping%2BBeauty%2B27

Or a just imagine a ride with next generation ride tech in which the ride concludes with a chernabog anamotronic rising out of the depths of a volcano.
300px-Kay_nielsen_chernabog.jpg

Chernabog-Evil-Emerges-Disney-181926.jpg

They can have incorporate an underworld for Hades in FF, or maybe even Evil Queen's dungeon or something. Fantasy Forest is already cool to me, I think it will add wonderful scenery and what not to the park but I do believe Disney can take the concept much further. I don't think villains need an entire park for themselves but with this Fantasyland expansion, they can be included and if done right it would be a combat against WWOHP. Come on Disney you're sleeping on a gold mine! :hammer:

MagicMegan

I would love this! I had an extra ticket for the NSSHP this year, and a friend of mine came up from Tampa. She said she never really cared about the villians until she saw how excited I got for them haha.

harveyt0206

I would totally be into visiting a villians area. I love seeing the villians out and about. That's why I love the parades. They often have the villians incorporated in some fashion. The Chernabog float in Spectro is one of my favs.

Future Guy

This is a pretty good idea. Heck, I'd be happy with some plain non-themed villain meet-and-greets. When my wife and I did the Princess and the Fairies meet-and-greet I mostly stood there, because what's a 32-year-old-man going to say to Cinderella or Ethnically Diverse Fairy #2, you know? Interacting with the villains sounds like so much more fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom