Villa's at WL

Matt B

Hello all, My family is planning a trip to the world in september. while doing research we found the villa's at WL. has anyone stayed there before? are there any downsides? what are the upsides? We have small children ( 2 and 4 ) that will be with us. so what do you guys think about it? Thanks for any input.

Matt :wave:

mrerk

Premium Member
The studios at VWL would be similar to a standard WL hotel room, but with a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and toaster. There are also 1 BR & 2 BR units available. They are attached by covered walkway to the WL and share all the WL amenities. They have their own pool but you can also use the WL main pool. Transportation would be by boat to the MK, Contemporary or Fort Wilderness, bus everywhere else.

The only downside is it is a little pricey. However, since it is a DVC resort you can sometimes rent points from a member to bring the price down somewhat.

Upvote 0

Matt B

Original Poster
thanks for the reply's, we keep hearing that they're pretty far from the bus stop and what not. they look like a great place to stay.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Actually the bus stop is just off of the covered walkway between the Villas and the main building. It's closer to the Villas.
The boat on the other hand is on the other side of the lodge and so is a bit of a walk. Of course even the walk to the boat is less than a walk to the bus stop at many of the value and moderate resorts.

Upvote 0

njblackberry

Just making sure you know that the Studios do not have Washer/Dryers there.

We stayed in a 2BR Villa there a few years ago. Loved it so much that we bought DVC on that trip. Just added more points....

Upvote 0

MagicalMonorail

How are the dining options at Wilderness Lodge, like Artist's Point and Whispering Canyon? Are they worth checking out and do I need to make reservations for them? Also, how would you compare the 2BR villas to the villlas at other DVC resorts?

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Here are a couple of links that might help your stay at the WL.
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_wl.htm
and
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_wlv.htm

Although Artist Point is a great restaurant. I'm not sure it would be so good with a 2 & 4 year old. But I would definitely go to Whispering Canyon Cafe, you & your kids will have a good time.
When you check in ask about being the Flag Family sometime during your stay. Odds are it may already be filled, but its a neat family tradition. And I think they still have a Hidden Mickey Hunt List that you can get at the front desk.
WL has a nice pool and is so convenient to the MK, its a great place to take a mid day break with small kids.

Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

PixyDust

I would recommend that you book soon if you want to stay in the villas. They are very, very popular and book quickly. We've never been able to stay there, and we always go during value season... Of course, WDW owns some of the room stock, so while DVC may be all rented out, you may be able to get a room from them.

I would also recommend Whispering Canyon - great fun!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Matt B said:
Hello all, My family is planning a trip to the world in september. while doing research we found the villa's at WL. has anyone stayed there before? are there any downsides? what are the upsides? We have small children ( 2 and 4 ) that will be with us. so what do you guys think about it? Thanks for any input.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss your upcoming trip. I am the travel sponsor on the site and I specialize in Walt Disney World. You can also contact WannabeBelle or DisneyInsider since they work for me also.

Pam
pam@kingdomkonsultant.com
1-866-566-7858

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom