Villain’s Land Wish List & Predictions

DisneyHead123

Original Poster
I'd bank on some sort of coaster for sure. But as a second ride, this would be a great opportunity to do escape from Oogie Boogies. It can be either a trackless system or better yet a system where you can start by going though some iconic Halloween town locations and end with a thrilling coaster escape from Oogies lair. This way nightmare b4 Xmas gets it's ride that it so deserves. And it would make complete thematic sense for the land.

Yeah Nightmare is kind of a tricky one because Jack and Sally very much go with the spooky / Halloween vibe, but they’re actually heroes not villains. Bringing Oogie in as a way to showcase all the characters would make sense though.

jenjen9ny

So, besides the Maleficent coaster we all noticed in the concept art, I was thinking it would be awesome to have a true black box ride in Villains Land, kind of like what I thought they were going to do with Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, but with more intense movement and super immersive environments—like the Shanghai Pirates ride. This way, instead of sticking to one or two villains, the ride could change up each time you ride it, telling different villain stories. Maybe they could do 2-3 different versions, each featuring a few villains, so you get a different experience every time and don’t have to choose just one or two villains to spotlight.

Now, how to pull this off without just using a bunch of screens? Maybe with some seriously advanced projection mapping combined with practical effects? I’m not an engineer or anything, but I think this could be a cool way to showcase more villains and keep things fresh.

Trueblood

I wonder if they won't make it parody of the rest of the park, sorta' like what they did with Toon Town originally. Specifically, a parody of Fantasyland.

A Nightmare on Main Street, USA
A condensed shopping and eating section, themed in the Nightmare Before Christmas style.

Mother Gothel meet'n'greet
Maybe paired with the Stabbington Brothers, situated where the existing Rapunzel's tower is visible in the background. Have Rapunzel "tied up" with her for extra points.

Enchanted Tales with Beast
A dark ride chronicling The Beast's story from just before he was cursed, ending with the arrival of Belle.

Small World
A boat ride that floats past sympathetically presented animatronic figures of Disney Villains in the "Mary Blair" style, definitely including Chernabog. Each scene could have different music, but all around a uniform theme where possible.

Relocate the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade
Someone has to shoot Bambi's mom... (I apologize for this one, it's been a long day at work)

DisneyHead123

Original Poster
I wonder if they won't make it parody of the rest of the park, sorta' like what they did with Toon Town originally. Specifically, a parody of Fantasyland.

A Nightmare on Main Street, USA
A condensed shopping and eating section, themed in the Nightmare Before Christmas style.

Mother Gothel meet'n'greet
Maybe paired with the Stabbington Brothers, situated where the existing Rapunzel's tower is visible in the background. Have Rapunzel "tied up" with her for extra points.

Enchanted Tales with Beast
A dark ride chronicling The Beast's story from just before he was cursed, ending with the arrival of Belle.

Small World
A boat ride that floats past sympathetically presented animatronic figures of Disney Villains in the "Mary Blair" style, definitely including Chernabog. Each scene could have different music, but all around a uniform theme where possible.

The “dark mirror” world idea is intriguing, although from the concept art it looks like a lot of rocky crags and such. I think I’m in the minority here, but I actually have some reservations about that. It could be cool and mystical but it could be an extended version of their recent “sad beige” theme if they don’t add something to give it a little life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom