Viking Meet and Greet

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
Yesterday they had a Viking hanging around the church in Norway. He was a face character and really in character. He was mean and grumpy and just grunted. He posed for pics. He was very atmospheric style. Lots of fun!

mbtohill

They've had the Vikings at Norway for some time now, usually its a pair of them causing a ruckus and providing general merriement. All in good fun and I think, generally well done.

LukeS7

I have a very close-up photo from my vacation 2 weeks ago. I was getting ready to take a picture as they walked past and he got as close to the camera as he could and growled at me. At work right now, but I'll dig it up when I get home.

Zipadeelady

LOVE THIS!!! This is what makes me love Disney. It doesn't have to be Mickey and Pooh all the time. Random people walking around their country would be awesome. Imagine walking through the Mitsukoshi Japanese store and a Samurai walking past you to look at the candy or yell with the Pick A Pearl girls!!

Grimley1968

Sure it's not just a couple of drunk guys playing dress up? ;)

Seriously, that looks like fun. Anything that adds a non-Frozen element to that area is welcome, IMO.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
These are some pictures we got with the Vikings in June. It was really fun meeting them. We saw them again in November. Skol!
IMG_7848.JPG
IMG_7850.JPG

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know very little about vikings. There should be some kind of ride that illustrates Norwegian culture so I could learn more. By the way, if anyone wants to know what happens to snowmen in summer I have all the answers :D

Hey, Johnny! Wanna go on the Vikings ride?! You want to learn all about Norway with Viking pillaging, murder, and slave trading, right Johnny?!

But, mommmm.... ""Vikings"" is a just a construct for wide-ranging Scandinavian tribes of Northern Europe that predated the establishment of ""Norway"" as a particular geographic region, culture, and people.

I paid eight thousand dollars for this vacation, young man, and you're going to ride the Viking ride and pretend it's distinctly Norwegian, mister!

raven

Saw these guys on Friday and they were great. Only one issue though and it's always been a Norway Pavilion issue. They are placed right in the middle of the narrow walkway into the Pavilion. That area is already clogged with guests going to Akershus, Frozen and the bakery. So placing them in that same narrow space really made it difficult to move past them or even get out of that area. Disney really needs to rework that area and open it up more. They could easily move that stone performance area somewhere else and create a wider path.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom