Views from Wishes FP+ vs Wishes Dessert Party? Anyone have experience of both?

Ariel1986

Has anyone used the new gardens for a Wishes FP as well as having experienced the Wishes Dessert Party (new or old)?

I'm trying to decide which one to go for. Cost aside, what are the viewing experiences like from both areas- for the castle projection as well as Wishes? Is there a "bad" area for any of the dessert party tables? I know that you can go up to the railings for fireworks but when enjoying the desserts do all tables have a nice ambiance/view?

I'm trying to decide how enjoying some snacks bought in the park and chilling in the new garden areas for FP viewing would be compared to a guaranteed table with all the desserts and drinks for the run up to the show and fireworks would be?

Thanks for any input! :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
IMHO the new FP viewing area is far superior for viewing both the castle projection show and Wishes. You really need to move to the railing at the Tomorrowland Terrace to get a decent view, and it's still a more off-to-the-side view. Add to that the exorbitant cost of a few desserts, and I would rather sacrifice my ability to get additional fastpasses and use my third FP for the viewing area.

Upvote 0

TRONorail12

Here's another perspective on it... the Wishes Dessert Party essentially let's you pay for preferred viewing. There are less people than the FP Viewing Area and you get food included, albeit not the greatest food offerings. The Wishes FP viewing area is more centered on the castle, but it will cost you one of your 3 FastPasses for the day. MK offers the most attractions for FP+ and the problem with Wishes FP is that it is usually at the end of the night, so there is little to no opportunity to gain a 4th FP after the fireworks, unless the park is open till midnight or later. My personal preference, I have never spent a FP on fireworks viewing, but it's all about what is more important to you on that day.

Upvote 0

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Here's another perspective on it... the Wishes Dessert Party essentially let's you pay for preferred viewing. There are less people than the FP Viewing Area and you get food included, albeit not the greatest food offerings. The Wishes FP viewing area is more centered on the castle, but it will cost you one of your 3 FastPasses for the day. MK offers the most attractions for FP+ and the problem with Wishes FP is that it is usually at the end of the night, so there is little to no opportunity to gain a 4th FP after the fireworks, unless the park is open till midnight or later. My personal preference, I have never spent a FP on fireworks viewing, but it's all about what is more important to you on that day.

Thanks for another perspective... that is something I've been thinking about, essentially it meaning you only have 2 ride fastpasses in the day and no chance of additional ones... it's a tricky decision! I'm with a group who haven't been for 8-15 years and I know some/most of the people would much prefer a reserved spot/somewhere to sit... but I want us to have a good view also...

Now that the dessert party is to be booked from 180 days out it means less time to decide!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I'm not a fan of the view or set up from the dessert party. You're off to the left when viewing from the dessert party. I get that you're not fighting the masses, but I just don't like that view + everyone at the party crowds the railing. With the insane price increase of the dessert party, I think it's absurd to pay those prices for a view off to the left while crowding the rail with everyone else who paid for the party. I have not been in the fp area for viewing since it opened, but I have seen Wishes from that area prior to all of that construction and I like that view much better.

Upvote 0

BrianV

Only can speak to the dessert party: the view from the tables is pretty darn good. Plenty of people rush to the railing but that doenst in any way obstruct your view. If anything, it allows you to sit with even fewer people around you while you watch.

Given that the price is about to sky-rocket, I think we are unlikely to go again. Not sure I'd waste a fast pass for wishes given that there is the mine train and the two frontier land towers. And the fireworks can indeed be seen many many places. But that is just me. I was willing to pay for a nice seat, some dessert, and a covered area incase it rained.

Upvote 0

Disney Stine

Pros and Cons about both - Wishes Dessert Party - Pro - dessert, Con - the view. FP+ viewing area - Pro - the view, Con- wasting a FP.
I've done both and I would suggest the FP+ viewing area instead of the dessert party. While there were definitely less people at the dessert party, the price was ridiculous for mediocre desserts. The viewing area wasn't great and instead of choosing where to sit - they had prearranged seating. My party was located in the far back, once the fireworks began, everyone else ran to the railing (the overhang does obstruct the view). We had purchased the party because of a member of our party who couldn't be on their feet for so long (but also refused to be in a mobile chair). The cast members would not allow us to pull a chair to the side of the rest of the party goers by the railing, basically forcing our member to sit at the table. (We did eventually get to pull a chair up after speaking to multiple people about our member's issue).
The FP+ viewing area - we were in the Rose Garden and it was cute! There was enough room to LAY on the ground. No obstructed views, unless you sit behind a tree. But like I said, you waste a FP+. I'd suggest doing this on your first night and then not worrying about the fireworks later on in your trip since you already saw it!

Upvote 0

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Neither one? FP+ is a waste of a FP+ and the desert party is wildly overpriced. There's tons of room on Main Street for a centered view.

It's more for the party I'm with. I'd be happy going onto Main Street with an ice cream or some corn dog nuggets from Casey's, but I'll be with 8 family members who aren't so laid back. Trying to find the best solution...

Upvote 0

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Pros and Cons about both - Wishes Dessert Party - Pro - dessert, Con - the view. FP+ viewing area - Pro - the view, Con- wasting a FP.
I've done both and I would suggest the FP+ viewing area instead of the dessert party. While there were definitely less people at the dessert party, the price was ridiculous for mediocre desserts. The viewing area wasn't great and instead of choosing where to sit - they had prearranged seating. My party was located in the far back, once the fireworks began, everyone else ran to the railing (the overhang does obstruct the view). We had purchased the party because of a member of our party who couldn't be on their feet for so long (but also refused to be in a mobile chair). The cast members would not allow us to pull a chair to the side of the rest of the party goers by the railing, basically forcing our member to sit at the table. (We did eventually get to pull a chair up after speaking to multiple people about our member's issue).
The FP+ viewing area - we were in the Rose Garden and it was cute! There was enough room to LAY on the ground. No obstructed views, unless you sit behind a tree. But like I said, you waste a FP+. I'd suggest doing this on your first night and then not worrying about the fireworks later on in your trip since you already saw it!

Thanks, this was another helpful insight into the dessert party.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Okay I might be in the category of your more picky relatives. I've never done a FP for Wishes viewing, but I have done the dessert party and if I am going to watch the fireworks and castle show, I prefer the less crowded dessert party.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom