VIDEO - Talking Mickey returns to Town Square Theater as Magician Mickey

ExtinctJenn

Went to see talking Mickey yesterday, but we had to try and see him three times. The first time we went in was with Fastpasses, and despite warnings from cast members that even the FastPass line was going to be a 20-30 minute wait, we eventually stopped moving completely and after about an hour we gave up and left. We returned later to find a 120 minute standby wait (!!!!) Finally we went in just before the M&G closed at 11:30pm and still ended up waiting what must have been a solid 20 minutes. Apparently the secret was out.
Hoping that the wait experience is due to this being a high attendance time of year as well as the newness of this and everyone knowing it (as you said, the secret was out).

All that said, the meet and greet was VERY impressive. Mickey was humming to himself in a mirror when we walked in and turned to greet us when he heard us. I could kind of tell his phrases were pre-recorded, but the phrases were very well-chosen and well-timed and the rest of my party didn't notice. I was speechless and just fumbling with my camera for the first part of it. I can't even remember the last time a Disney experience literally took my breath away but this was one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.
I've watched a ton of non-official videos of him posted since he went live and I have to admit that it is incredibly well done. The timing is great and the phrases well chosen. It truly appeared to be a conversation and honestly much like it'd be if someone were talking in the sense that 75% of the people wouldn't really know what to respond with (kids) or try to engage further.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom