VIDEO - Talking Mickey returns to Town Square Theater as Magician Mickey

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I assume that this is going to be on a more "full-time" basis now, not just tests?

I'll just say this, my kinds are going to lose their minds at how awesome this is.

ExtinctJenn

I assume that this is going to be on a more "full-time" basis now, not just tests?
Just from reading a few comments from last week here, it seems like you have a chance of getting him or you don't. If he goes on break, a non-moving Mickey comes out... or if they have technical difficulties of course.
Does anyone know if they are using the "Say your name" function of the magic bands in this, or any magic band function?
Now THAT would be cool!

rodserling27

Looks like this is permanent for now. The big question is whether this will be the truly interactive Mick that we've seen, or the one that makes generic statements to give the illusion of conversation. Let's hope for the former...

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I thought about this but I am just having such a hard time with the idea of burning a FP for M&Gs so... hoping we can squeeze in without one. LOL
My kids are shorties, plus doing multiple days in MK so I traded one. If we show up and the line is short I can always change the FP+ to something else. My DS is 2.5 and he only wants two thing meet Mickey and ride roller coasters AKA Barnstormer. I figure this is the best Meet Mickey in the parks.

Tigger1988

How long is the line for Mickey usually? Is this worth a FP+ compared to Storytime with Belle (which I heard can have quite a wait)?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The wait time for Mickey always seems to be 5 minutes whenever I walk by. Certainly not something you'd ever need a fastpass for.

Maybe that will change as word of this gets out.

ExtinctJenn

My kids are shorties, plus doing multiple days in MK so I traded one. If we show up and the line is short I can always change the FP+ to something else. My DS is 2.5 and he only wants two thing meet Mickey and ride roller coasters AKA Barnstormer. I figure this is the best Meet Mickey in the parks.
That's actually a good point. I suppose if you've got little little ones then there's only so much you can use FP+ for and M&Gs are an awesome option. We tend to do a lot of character meals and my son gets that those are probably his best M&G option.

asianway

It is generic and possibly cheesy from an adult point of view but for little kids (I have a 2 and 4 year old) I think they will LOVE it! My 4 yo is already asking why Mickey doesn't talk so I'm guessing this will be a big surprise to her.
Perhaps. I foresee many awkward moments when it becomes apparent canned responses are all thats available.

Then again, many adults email Guest Communications, so maybe that wont be a big issue.

WDWDad13

I'd be surprised if these were all generic/canned responses while he is talking... I thought the testing was more free form with him carrying on a conversation with others and knowing their names, etc.

ExtinctJenn

Its generic. Watch the video - its pretty cheesy
It is generic and possibly cheesy from an adult point of view but for little kids (I have a 2 and 4 year old) I think they will LOVE it! My 4 yo is already asking why Mickey doesn't talk so I'm guessing this will be a big surprise to her.
Perhaps. I foresee many awkward moments when it becomes apparent canned responses are all thats available.
By generic do you guys mean they are pre-programmed canned responses or scripted? I know at D23 last year when they introduced him they sounded canned but later an interview with the guy who does the voice proved otherwise. He said they had a "script" of things to say to prevent adlib but that it was nothing automated. Now I know that the guy who does Mickey's voice isn't going to be sitting in a booth all day so obviously it's not him but is it still voiced like Crush for example (i.e. guy doing voice but watching from a booth)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom