Video of the old imageworks

montyz81

So, here is my thought. Imagination is in such a state, especially with Kodak moving out, that Disney must be looking for another sponser (Polaroid, Sony, Cannon). Someone has to be interested as the economy starts to swing in the right direction. I think they will get some interested parties that would be happy to sponsor the pavilion which might mean a few different things; 1) Gut and redo something completely different, 2) rip and replace(think Horizons), 3) bring back a version of the original ride.

wedroy1923

I can't help but wonder what a re-imagined Journey Into Imagination would be like, particularly considering how far Imagineering has come in ride-technology and special effects. I would not advocate putting the original back scene for scene, but bringing back the Dreamfinder character with Figment would be great ... might bring in a little heart, ya know?

Rose Marie: Yes, I think the original Journey Into Imagination was the most beautiful building in the park ... bright, open, whimsical, enchanting!

janoimagine

Mold problems be fixed with bleach. It can't be too toxic or there wouldn't be offices up there? :shrug:

I had the same thought. Unless they are paying hazzard pay to the Cast Members whose offices are in that building. :shrug:

It's really sad that this is no longer in use, just like the WOL pavilion. Really how much would this cost to fix up and bring up to speed? Another example of TDO skimping out on the guest.

M.T. LOTT

Why are people a little worked up about him being up there. I think it is great seeing the old areas. No harm no fool, if it was a really big deal they would close it off completely. That being said if everyone starts doing it I can see it becoming an issue. Still, it is fun for the die hard fan.

nomeus

i have lots of pics of abandoned spots of disney such as imageworks, river country, discovery island, spaceship earth exit lobby area, food rocks etc.. seems the admin isnt approving my posts however.

Tinkerbell 8

I was never up there, but it looks like it could have been a great space. I know that Kodak isn't going to be the sponser anymore, but how come in the past like 10 years they didn't do something with this space? If there is a mold problem, I'm sure it could be fixed. Does anyone think there could be a possibility of using this space once a new sponser comes along?

Susan Savia

My kids loved that tunnel, and the tables you run your hands under and all those pins, and the beautiful photography always on display. Such a shame they let it all go.

Scuttle

I miss the rainbow corridor. :( Epcot as a whole is just one big cluster F now....

That's exactlly right. It's a mess and future world needs a reimagining very badly. How long is the WOL building going to sit there. Really!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom