Video games that feel like Disney lands/attractions

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've noticed a few games (that aren't official Disney games) over the years that give a similar vibe to existing Disney lands or attractions and wanted to make a list for those interested and if anyone has more that I haven't played. These games are not necessarily inspired by Disney either, just give a similar vibe.

Also, there's the Rollercoaster Tycoon/Planet Coaster titles which are literally design games of theme parks, I didn't include those for this list.

Here's my short list so far:

Frontierland - Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2

Main St. USA, Hall of Presidents, Boardwalk, Haunted Mansion - Bioshock Infinite (the creator outright stated he had inspiration from the Disney parks and IMO it's all over this title)

The Living Seas - Subnautica

Pirates of the Caribbean - Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Sea of Thieves (Same Pirate type games but very different gameplay)

I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of.

Cmdr_Crimson

Closest 2 games that are the closest to getting to the parks...

Walt Disney World Quest Magical racing tour
For PC, Dreamcast, PS1 and Game Boy Color.
With ride layouts as racetracks and attraction music it's as close as it gets..

And then there's Disneyland adventures for Xbox.If you ever wanted to go back to DL pre 2011 this is pretty much it.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Closest 2 games that are the closest to getting to the parks...

Walt Disney World Quest Magical racing tour
For PC, Dreamcast, PS1 and Game Boy Color.
With ride layouts as racetracks and attraction music it's as close as it gets..

And then there's Disneyland adventures for Xbox.If you ever wanted to go back to DL pre 2011 this is pretty much it.

This needs a remaster ASAP.

Lirael

Genshin Impact for the fantasy elements, different areas including different cultures and high quality. But more importantly, the gacha/microtransaction elements remind me of the current disney experience.

Though in gaming terms, as stingy as it is, it's still f2p (free to play) friendly, while disney is now p2w (pay to win) or gtfo

EDIT. And if we're speaking of games and disney I need to mention Twisted Wonderland: which is a gacha/microtransactions game by disney, where you go to an all boys magic academy where they love disney villains and each dorm house is based on one.

Last edited:

jasminethecat

Maybe the moderators didn't like the links that I put in on my last posting in this thread, but if you own the PC zombie shooter Left 4 Dead 2, you can download and install custom campaign maps. One of those is called Journey to Splash Mountain. I don't know who made it, but it is a really great and faithful recreation of disney land park with several rides/attractions and a full recreation of splash mountain. You can search for this on your own, there are playthrough videos on youtube and you can PM me if you want to know how to install custom maps.

If you own the game and want to play it through with me some evening (US east coast evening hours) I would be happy to host. It is also possible to turn off the "game director" so you can run through the levels with no zombies and just enjoy the rides and music.

And moderators - if you don't want to approve a post that's cool, but you should really let people know via PM or something what you didn't like so newer people like me don't repeat our mistakes.

Scott Adams

Disney Magic Kingdom Map for Minecraft is actually new! It lets you ride the rides and listen to the music.

As for old, WDW Explorer is missing from the above. I suppose it's less of a playable game, but it's definitely fun.

CaptinEO

Conker's Bad Fur Day for Splash Mountain

hqdefault.jpg

The music sounds like it too

TomboyJanet

Conker's Bad Fur Day for Splash Mountain

hqdefault.jpg

The music sounds like it too

I TOTALLY THOUGHT THAT!!! Even the bees!

IDK if this counts but The game MAFIA reminds me of the gangster scene in the Great Movie Ride, which inspired me to like the movies which inspired the game.

Kingdom Hearts of course felt like it to me, Traverse town felt like wandering around fantasyland after the fireworks and hitting all the sweet shops.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis for obvious reasons

The Crew game actually has Anaheim in it but the park is not present prob due to copywrite. Still it's fun to drive there and think oh it's just around the corner! Also fun to drive from there to Orange Grove Fl

Any game with like a mine cart part reminded me of Thunder Mt. Donkey Kong, Crash, even Pac Man the New Adventures (look it up lol Sega Genesis!)

Spyro the Dragon had a lot of fantasy elements that reminded me of the old Imagination ride.

Last edited:

Kirby86

Kirby and the Forgotten Land has a world based on a theme/amusement park set of levels. Lots of Neon lighting and there's a level based on an electrical parade.

Monkeyes

It's cool that you're compiling a list of games that capture that Disney Park vibe. While they may not be officially Disney, they sure bring that magical atmosphere. I'm a CS2 fan myself, but I appreciate the charm of games that transport you to fantastical places.
I'd like to add "Kingdom Hearts" to your list. It's a unique blend of Disney and Final Fantasy that immerses players in a world filled with Disney characters and settings. It's a great example of a game that captures that Disney magic. If you ever come across more games that fit this theme, feel free to share.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom