VIDEO - Barnstormer testing

rickdrat

I know they're tweaking the theming on Barnstormer, but does anyone know if they've reworked or otherwise shortened the layout? I haven't been to the park in a few years, but looking at the last bunch of aerials the track seems shorter as though they had to make room for Dumbo and reconfigured Speedway.

Biff215

Where's this filmed from? Having trouble placing the vantage point.

Me too. I'm guessing it's from Pinocchio's but not totally sure. Great stuff, but still don't see how they are going to have enough of Storybook Circus ready to be open next month. I'm sure they'll surprise me though!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Me too. I'm guessing it's from Pinocchio's but not totally sure. Great stuff, but still don't see how they are going to have enough of Storybook Circus ready to be open next month. I'm sure they'll surprise me though!

Yes, it's probably from the second floor balcony of The Pinocchio Village Haus.

What are the chances of this phase of the expansion being open in two weeks. My trip is Feb 17th through the 23rd and i would love to see it!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought we were gonna see a new paint scheme and renaming, but the new park map still lists it as Barnstormer, why?

It was re-painted and slightly re-themed. Instead of Goofy running a flight school, it's now Goofy as a dare-devil pilot to fit in with the Circus theme. Someone in another thread said that the full new name of the ride would be "Barnstormer with the Great Goofini" so it's a combination of the old and new names.

As for it being open by February 23rd, I doubt it. They recently pushed the date back from February to March 12 and based on the amount of work left to be done they are going to need all that time.

Theme Parkitect

I like that they kept part of the old name (let's people know it's the same thing as before :lol:) I also really like the new flashy red color so much better. And the checkered tower or whatever it's supposed to be... :animwink:

aladdin2007

I like that they kept part of the old name (let's people know it's the same thing as before :lol:) I also really like the new flashy red color so much better. And the checkered tower or whatever it's supposed to be... :animwink:

I think they could have done a little better honestly. Reminds me of a go cart track or something. :lookaroun

dreamscometrue

They recently pushed the date back from February to March 12 and based on the amount of work left to be done they are going to need all that time.

Yeah, and we are going for 9 days during school 'March Break' here in our province. And when do we fly back? That's right, March 12th. :brick:

(I wonder if we could get to MK at the 9am opening, run to check it out, take the bus back to AKL, check out of our room, and be waiting for our 9:15am Magical Express pick up? Probably a lot to squeeze in in 15 minutes. :))

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I know they're tweaking the theming on Barnstormer, but does anyone know if they've reworked or otherwise shortened the layout? I haven't been to the park in a few years, but looking at the last bunch of aerials the track seems shorter as though they had to make room for Dumbo and reconfigured Speedway.

No change in the layout of the Barnstormer.....It probably looks a little different since the Dumbo queues are tucked right next to the track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom