Video and behind the scenes look at Winnie the Pooh Tree being moved

moreno

Am I the only one to think that it is a shame that Disney will now communicate/celebrate how the magic is made? For me, it's about the fantasy and not about the how its done... I guess that's the reason I miss the "overnight Christmas conversions" so much.... the "wow" effect is gone when they show you how it is done.

Guessing you didn't grow up watching Uncle Walt on TV, eh? There were so many specials showing the construction and planning of parks and attractions. And it was reaching such a massive audience back then. Walt, Jim Henson, all the greats offered a peak behind the curtains. Its really nothing new.

Exprcoofto

Just the exterior, correct? Not the ride itself?

I would hope the attraction would get some general cleaning and refurb. I'm not expecting anything show to change - though the beginning/end of the ride might have to be changed if they decide to drop the book theme. It'd also be a nice welcome to see some effects or even the ride vehicles from Pooh's Hunny Hunt.

MAF

Its kind of sad that the most exciting thing that has happened as of late is the moving of a tree...

orky8

Its kind of sad that the most exciting thing that has happened as of late is the moving of a tree...

Umm, they are moving a tree to expand a whole land. While the broad appeal of FLE can be debated, it definitely is exciting. Then again, I was quite excited by the monorail beam cleaning.

imagineer boy

No I mean the entire ride.

Ooh, yes! That's great news. I've been thinking the ride need a good refurb. Maybe they'll do more than that. I've always been bothered by how if you look up yoiu can clearly see the cieling support beams and AC pipes, very bad show. Hopefully they'll cover that up.

Studios Fan

Wow! I never heard any rumor of a total closing so I assumed it would remain open while just the exterior was worked on, but a major work inside and out sounds great.

Hopefully Peter Pan will soon day get similar indoor improvements too.

I'm glad to hear about Pooh. I agree about Peter Pan. I hope they look at improving the capacity of that ride.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Wow! I never heard any rumor of a total closing so I assumed it would remain open while just the exterior was worked on, but a major work inside and out sounds great.

Hopefully Peter Pan will soon day get similar indoor improvements too.

I'm not aware of any show changes, but the attraction will close as part of the work that is going on with the exterior and queue later this year.

Animaniac93-98

I'm not aware of any show changes, but the attraction will close as part of the work that is going on with the exterior and queue later this year.

I see, well maybe we'll at least get some minor improvements (LED lighting if not already in the ride)/cleaning when the entire attraction is closed.

Tigger#1

Looks like we will have to find a new place to hide while it is pouring down rain:cry:
Loved that tree rite where it was.:lookaroun

Testtrack321

I don't take offense to showing the magic, saying it's part of a green initiative, etc. I'm just amazed they called it a "classic". It's been around since, what, 2004-5? Hardly a classic.

RSoxNo1

Steve, for clarification are you saying that:

1. In addition to the facade and queue improvements to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, there will be additional show changes to the ride itself?

2. While there will be facade and queue improvements to Peter Pan's Flight, there will not be any show changes to Peter Pan's Flight.

Are these queue and show changes linked into the RFID rumors we've been hearing about, will it be more in line with the Space Mountain and Soarin' queue games, or should we expect something entirely different?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Steve, for clarification are you saying that:

1. In addition to the facade and queue improvements to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, there will be additional show changes to the ride itself?

2. While there will be facade and queue improvements to Peter Pan's Flight, there will not be any show changes to Peter Pan's Flight.

Are these queue and show changes linked into the RFID rumors we've been hearing about, will it be more in line with the Space Mountain and Soarin' queue games, or should we expect something entirely different?

1. Pooh will get a new queue and exterior, with some new features that should make it a lot more entertaining for the guests inline. As far as I know, they will not be RFID. More low tech, but perhaps far more obvious and accesible. I don't believe there will be any changes to the actual show.

2. Right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom