Video and behind the scenes look at Winnie the Pooh Tree being moved

RSoxNo1

Yeah, I think this was taken for granted by a lot of people. First off, who knew that this tree weighed 120 tons? That's ridiculous. Then when you factor in the effort required to move something of that size. It's pretty impressive that it only took 3 days.

Animaniac93-98

Great video, I'm really looking forward to seeing the improvements to the attraction. If only we had some concept art of what the exterior will look like.

EpcotServo

Save the tree? Recycling? Hey, why didn't they recycle the bajillions of tons of AWESOME stuff that was 20K?
:lol:

The Tree forgets how many amazing attractions it destroyed, and like all guilty men, tries to rewrite it's own history. If you can make a replacement need replacing-The people will cease to believe it needed replacement. There will be blood in the water-and the plastic sharks will come.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Save the tree? Recycling? Hey, why didn't they recycle the bajillions of tons of AWESOME stuff that was 20K?
:lol:

The Tree forgets how many amazing attractions it destroyed, and like all guilty men, tries to rewrite it's own history. If you can make a replacement need replacing-The people will cease to believe it needed replacement. There will be blood in the water-and the plastic sharks will come.

Yes that was quite the spin that the Imagineers put on moving the tree instead of getting rid of it. I could just hear the higher ups say, "Hey instead of getting rid of tree, lets save money and just move it to the new queue." Two in one, moves the tree that they spent a lot of money on instead of dumping it, and saves money on building new facades for the queue. I honestly think that it is a lower priority for them to be green than it is to save green.

MKCP 1985

disagree. it is still "wow."

The funny thing will come years from now when people who visited the tree in its original location will tell their kids and family members about playing in and around the tree and describe it as if it never moved but had been in that spot the whole time and the rest of the park expanded over to its location. :lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Am I the only one to think that it is a shame that Disney will now communicate/celebrate how the magic is made? For me, it's about the fantasy and not about the how its done... I guess that's the reason I miss the "overnight Christmas conversions" so much.... the "wow" effect is gone when they show you how it is done.

I think they have certainly realised that there is a big interest in how the parks work. I guess you always have the option of just not reading. Another thing that has certainly increased is showing a lot of information on un-opened attractions. World of Color has been shown so much in official blogs and videos that I am not sure there is any surprise left in that at all now.

Animaniac93-98

I'm sure part of the reason it will take so long is the attraction/shop will remain open and work has to happen around guest traffic. That along with the amount of work that will be needed to completely retheme that strip of building.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm sure part of the reason it will take so long is the attraction/shop will remain open and work has to happen around guest traffic. That along with the amount of work that will be needed to completely retheme that strip of building.

It will actually have a complete closure at some point later this year. It's getting a BIG makeover.

mickey2008.1

I love the behind the scenes. Its very interesting to see something move or grow into something new. I remeber having a book about the construction of WDW MK. I need to find it, sucha good read.

redkoala245

Thanks for the interesting video :). Being an Imagineer must be such a cool job.
I haven't been to Pooh's Playful Spot, but are people allowed to go in the tree? If so, can people go in the tree now in its new location?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom