Victoria and Alberts wins Michelin Star!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
(paywall bypass link: https://archive.is/jrdA1 )

The relevant part:

Victoria & Albert’s: Getting a reservation at this famous spot at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort may be tough, but the wait is worth it, with Chef Matthew Sowers using influences “from Asia to the Nordics.”
1713488122403.png

RoadiJeff

Wife and I ate there in December, 2020 just because we wanted to experience what a 10-course meal was like. The live harpist playing Christmas carols in the center of the room was beautiful.

I knew about what it would cost, based on some research, but $840 for the two of us and we didn't order any wine was probably a one-and-done thing that we can now scratch off our bucket list.

Last edited:

lentesta

Premium Member
Only one star? Why didn't it get two or three stars?

Aim high Disney!

I think Michelin is very cautious about giving out 2 stars as the first award to a restaurant. I'll do some research to see if that's true.

ETA: A quick look at the nearly 100 NYC restaurants that have been awarded stars and I've only seen a few of that got 2 stars as their initial rating. And of those, I'm not sure if the chef had prior stars.

Last edited:

FutureCEO

Doesn't anyone find it odd that a tire company does this? I read that a country pays Michelin to review their restaurants which to me is weird.

Phonedave

Doesn't anyone find it odd that a tire company does this? I read that a country pays Michelin to review their restaurants which to me is weird.
It started out as a guide for motorists to find a good place to eat. Very appropriate for a tire company.

Over the years it has morphed into a bellweather of fine dining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom