Victoria & Albert Chef Table

thompson2224

Original Poster
So somehow I was able to pull off getting reservations for the chef table for my 21st birthday. What should I expect? Does it live up to the hype? Do you know if they do anything freebie wise for celebrations?

thompson2224

Original Poster
I've not done the Chef's table, but I've done the regular menu twice and a Queen Victoria room once and found them enjoyable both times, with the Queen room exponentially better than the standard menu.
Hopefully I'll be impressed with the chef table then. What was the best meal you had there? Do you know if they do anything for celebrations by chance?

jakeman

Hopefully I'll be impressed with the chef table then. What was the best meal you had there? Do you know if they do anything for celebrations by chance?
You should let them know about your birthday. I usually go for my anniversary and we usually have a small additional sweet with a congratulatory note. They don't all come out and sing like at a Chili's if you that's what you're looking for. :)

I'd have to pull my old menus (as they change often) but the best was probably a smoked curry lamb that came out encased in it's own smoke.

thompson2224

Original Poster
No I wouldn't want them to all sing or anything but anything free is always nice especially considering that its over $200 a person :)

Weather_Lady

Here's a recent review if you want more of an idea what to expect. It should be a very memorable meal, regardless of whether they throw in anything extra. :)

http://.com/a-review-of-the-chefs-table-at-victoria-and-alberts/

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We ate at the Chef's Table on our last anniversary, and it was simply the best meal we have ever had, and we have eaten at quite a few of the 5 diamond restaurants. It was just the two of us, and we had a great time talking with the chef (it was Chef Aimee for us - Chef Scott had the day off), but she is wonderful. We also talked with some of the other chef's as well, and they are a very dedicated bunch! If you like food (it was a 10 course meal with 3 bread courses as well), then you will love it! We have eaten in the main dining room before, but this was a whole new level. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!!!!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Here's a recent review if you want more of an idea what to expect. It should be a very memorable meal, regardless of whether they throw in anything extra. :)

http://.com/a-review-of-the-chefs-table-at-victoria-and-alberts/
We had Mike and Beth when we were at the Chef's Table as well. They were awesome!!

LWB

We have reservations at the Chef's Table at V&A for our anniversary in April. The lady at V&A noted that it was our anniversary so I believe they do acknowledge a celebration in some way.

thompson2224

Original Poster
I guess now I'm more worried about the length. The cost is no problem, but 5 hours just seems so long to me. Does it feel like its that lengthy? My party is a party of 2

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I guess now I'm more worried about the length. The cost is no problem, but 5 hours just seems so long to me. Does it feel like its that lengthy? My party is a party of 2
Where did you hear that? Our chef's table experience was a little over 3 1/2 hours, but that was because we wanted to take our time, and talk with everyone in between courses. You could probably do it in 3, but why rush it? Relax and enjoy!

Hockey89

Where did you hear that? Our chef's table experience was a little over 3 1/2 hours, but that was because we wanted to take our time, and talk with everyone in between courses. You could probably do it in 3, but why rush it? Relax and enjoy!
I was curious as well.... I was guessing three hours..... The V room is about that....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom