Via Napoli

wylde75

Original Poster
We are going in late September and only have a few days left before we have to make our dining reservations. We want to eat at Via Napoli but want to do it as a lunch. During lunch is it considered at quick service on the Disney Dining Plan or is it always a table service?

minnielaw

so if your on the dinning plan, you will have to use your table service for this meal?

Yes, unless you pay out of pocket. Via Napoli can actually be fairly cheap if you share a meter pizza with four people.

I highly recommend it...we thoroughly enjoyed our meal there! :slurp:

real mad hatter

Good Call.

Well we've an ADR for our trip in July and the three of us are going to split a pizza,not sure if we play safe and go for the large or the mezzo metro,anyway we've a friend who is a CM at Rose & Crown and he loves the sit in pizza here,not the carry out one.:wave:

I must be in the minority on this site because I didn't think much of via napoli when we went last June.
The pizza was average, though I have to say I am not a huge fan of a stonebaked base, and the desserts were just ok.

I also found our waiter to be very rude and I'm pretty sure it was because I am female. The guy would not even look at me or speak to me and would only deal with my boyfriend. Maybe its an Italian thing I dont know but that sort of nonsense is not tolerated by me! :mad:

Sans Souci

I must be in the minority on this site because I didn't think much of via napoli when we went last June.
The pizza was average, though I have to say I am not a huge fan of a stonebaked base, and the desserts were just ok.

I also found our waiter to be very rude and I'm pretty sure it was because I am female. The guy would not even look at me or speak to me and would only deal with my boyfriend. Maybe its an Italian thing I dont know but that sort of nonsense is not tolerated by me! :mad:

No, you're not the only one. I did not think it was bad, I just don't feel the price of the meal was justified.

Our waiter was creepy. He kept winking at me and giving me saucy looks in front of my husband--way to play to the Italian stereotype. :rolleyes: I was very uncomfortable.

WWWD

Another one who dislikes this place. We went in February and waited 20 minutes after being seated before anyone talked to us - even after trying to get the staff's attention.

The crust was burned - if this is authentic pizza from Italy, then the US greatly improved pizza when it was brought over. The salad had enough dressing on it that there was literally a pool of it in the bowl.

I usually don't complain about food quality at WDW, but this was bad. Never again for us!

maxairmike

Absolutely loved the meal my girlfriend and I had at Via Napoli! The pizza was different and delicious, and I love stone fire oven baked dishes, especially pizzas. We had the zepollis (sp?) for dessert, and they were so good. I've been tempted to walk up and see if I could order a batch to munch on walking around the Showcase. :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom