Via Napoli Reportedly Offering by-the-slice Option

raven

Quite honestly I think this may be for the holiday season to help releive crowds and keep them happy. It's just the one kind of pizza, soda or water and they are also selling canolies. The staging area just inside the little door to the left of the main entrance is being used for ovens and pizza boxes. It's usually a tiny dining room.

ToTBellHop

Not being snobby, just stating my opinion. I don't happen to like them, you do - that's cool. Different strokes for different folks. No need to get all huffed up about it. :)
I'm with you--I think most WDW pizza (have not tried Via Napoli yet) is repulsive. Of course, I'm from the northeast, and we pride ourselves on good pizza, so that may fuel my bias.

Biff215

The pizza at Via Napoli is crazy good, and this is coming from someone who also enjoys the "other" Disney pizza. While $6.50/slice does sound expensive, it is likely only being offered due to the crowds. It's kind of like opening the Tomorrowland Terrace as a buffet dinner during free dining and charging over $30/person.

I'd like to see a picture of the slices as I imagine they are decent anyway.

PhilharMagician

Via Napoli is really good. I hope they keep this going in the future. It would be nice to stop for a quick slice rather that going in and having to buy a whole pizza.

Mickey_777

I'm with you--I think most WDW pizza (have not tried Via Napoli yet) is repulsive. Of course, I'm from the northeast, and we pride ourselves on good pizza, so that may fuel my bias.

Via Napoli makes a really good pie. If you've ever tried Lombardi's (first pizzeria in america) or Totonno's in NYC, this is similar IMO.

stevemorriswdw

I remember when I left Disney this year and on that day Via Napoli opened. But $6 for a slice?! :eek: I can get 2 slices and a can of soda for $2.50 here in New York!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I remember when I left Disney this year and on that day Via Napoli opened. But $6 for a slice?! :eek: I can get 2 slices and a can of soda for $2.50 here in New York!

Remember it's in Epcot, during the holidays, and it's made of imported flour, tomatoes and water. :) It's not going to be bargain basement pricing like a NYC street slice. It's also better than most in the taste department.

stevemorriswdw

Remember it's in Epcot, during the holidays, and it's made of imported flour, tomatoes and water. :) It's not going to be bargain basement pricing like a NYC street slice. It's also better than most in the taste department.

When I come back in August, I have to go to Via Napoli because all I heard was great reviews about the Pizza. So this is a must do. :sohappy: Like I said the day I left Disney it opened and I was disappointed :cry:

stlbobby

This is making me hungry too.

I really hope this becomes permanent. I want to try their pizza, but it is so hard to squeeze in all the table services I want as it is.

MissM

This is making me hungry too.

I really hope this becomes permanent. I want to try their pizza, but it is so hard to squeeze in all the table services I want as it is.
I hope so as well but because I'm a FL resident AP I never make reservations. I just don't plan my day trips six months in advance and it means I miss out on a lot of table service locations. I got to eat here right after they opened before they were taking ADR's and I really enjoyed it. It's kind of a downer knowing it would be hard to get in there again without a lot of pre-planning. So slices are a great option for locals like myself who would like to have some yummy options like this that go beyond the burgers and normal quick service.

It's kinda win-win to me. You get reservation people AND day people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom