Veterans Discount???

Todd L

Original Poster
We tried to get retired military ticket for my dad, who is a vet but never voluntarily joined the military. They said No way, Jose!

...and they thanked him for his "valiant" service.

If you Dad actually Retired from the Military , 20 year career with a Government pension than he would be eligible for the discount . Your dad is probably a Vet like me..a Few years of military service and out with a Honorable Discharge,

rufio

If you Dad actually Retired from the Military , 20 year career with a Government pension than he would be eligible for the discount . Your dad is probably a Vet like me..a Few years of military service and out with a Honorable Discharge,

Same here! Except I'm still in my Individual Ready Reserve period, so I might still be able to use the discounts.

luv

Dad was drafted and fought in the Vietnam war. After that, he (understandably) had had enough of being in the military. :)

He never complained, though. Not once. He never complains about anything, lol, but I don't want to make it sound like he's a whiner. :) Even when he got the draft notice, he didn't complain. Mom said he showed up with an envelope in his hand and said, "Looks like I'm taking a trip!" And even though he was in some horrific battles, all his letters home were about how he was doing secretary work and was mostly bored...so nobody would worry. I'd hate to think I'd given anyone (even strangers on the Internet) the idea that he was a jerk. Seems disloyal, KWIM?

A big THANK YOU to everyone who keeps us safe!!! I know thank-yous don't pay the rent, but still. :)

Todd L

Original Poster
Dad was drafted and fought in the Vietnam war. After that, he (understandably) had had enough of being in the military. :)

He never complained, though. Not once. He never complains about anything, lol, but I don't want to make it sound like he's a whiner. :) Even when he got the draft notice, he didn't complain. Mom said he showed up with an envelope in his hand and said, "Looks like I'm taking a trip!" And even though he was in some horrific battles, all his letters home were about how he was doing secretary work and was mostly bored...so nobody would worry. I'd hate to think I'd given anyone (even strangers on the Internet) the idea that he was a jerk. Seems disloyal, KWIM?

A big THANK YOU to everyone who keeps us safe!!! I know thank-yous don't pay the rent, but still. :)

God Bless Him!! My family has been pretty heavy duty in the armed forces and We are all proud of our service!!

Goofyernmost

I never thought you did that at all. I am also a Vietnam Veteran and I'm proud of it. I don't speak of it much because it's not something I enjoy remembering. I stayed in the military for 4 years and got the heck out as soon as I, honorably, could. However, that said, just like myself, he doesn't qualify for the program that Disney has. They'd go broke if they included every veteran there ever was. :) During my time in they are classified as either Vietnam Era Veterans or Vietnam Veterans. The distinction is pretty simple, but only the VA uses it for anything anymore.

Disrobk

However, the ID holder can be a military dependant

Is this true? My mom has a military id & the local ITT sold us two tickets. I think they thought she was a spouse, but she is a dependant and both parents are deceased. She still has an id because she's disabled. I'd hate to get to WDW & find out that they won't activate them because she's not a spouse or military member.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom