Very weird contemporary rumour?

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Was just talking with a guest about his most recent trip and he brought up how he hopes they sell pieces of the Grand Canyon concourse mural when it comes down. He said “they” told him when he was at the hotel that they would be taking it down. Seems highly unlikely or he was confused by the gingerbread display? Anyone hear anything at all about this?

JoeCamel

Was just talking with a guest about his most recent trip and he brought up how he hopes they sell pieces of the Grand Canyon concourse mural when it comes down. He said “they” told him when he was at the hotel that they would be taking it down. Seems highly unlikely or he was confused by the gingerbread display? Anyone hear anything at all about this?
When they sell off pieces of the castle mosaic I will believe this is coming down. $600 a night and they are making changes to the wall art? I think not

asianway

If it survived this long I think it’s safe, though the 1980s replacement was intriguing...

Tell him to look for the hotel prints from the 70s on eBay

donsullivan

Premium Member
The only way I could see something like this happening is if there were some sort of structural issue where the tiles are separating from the tower and initial tests indicated that removal would damage them so much they could not be re-installed.

Cmdr_Crimson

Only one important thing of that Mural they would and SHOULD Preserve.....Is the Five Legged Goat..
41d2dc3dca5716d4a834d929f52c563e.jpg

jt04

Oh man, put it parking lot facing and the complaints of the GoTG building evaporate. But..... now the uproar over the stripping of the contemp will rise to a screech. Can't win it all, strip that wall!

If this is a real rumor (and Martin hasn't chimed in so...) they might be looking at those walls as projection screens. They could even project Mary Blair murals!I

How cool 😎 would that be? ☺

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
If this is a real rumor (and Martin hasn't chimed in so...) they might be looking at those walls as projection screens. They could even project Mary Blair murals!I

How cool 😎 would that be? ☺

I was really just posting to see if he would say anything ha! When the guest was talking to me I was like “no way this is true” but then after it made me think again because it was so random that there’s could be some truth to it!

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

The mural has no IP, so it makes sense...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
IF this were ever to come down, and I don't think it will, they may as well just erect white walls everywhere so they can do projections on everything. Because nothing says, "Disney!!!" like projections on a blank wall, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom