very random quesiton.

waterskiier

i was wondering if anyone knew if there was anywhere you could waterski at disney?? on the disney website, there is a picture of a person waterskiing! but i didn't think that you could actually go in the lakes there.... anyone know? thanks !

Rob562

i was wondering if anyone knew if there was anywhere you could waterski at disney?? on the disney website, there is a picture of a person waterskiing! but i didn't think that you could actually go in the lakes there.... anyone know? thanks !

The problem with swimming in fresh water lakes in Florida that you may be thinking of is a bacteria/amoeba (the "brain-eating bacteria" as the news likes to call it) that lives in the sediment at the bottom of the lake. Water skiing, tubing, boating, etc take place in the deeper parts of the lake, where you wouldn't have any chance of touching bottom.
But that's why they stopped all swimming in the lakes in Disney (and indeed all around the state).

Also, this bacteria really only causes a problem in young children, the elderly, and those with reduced immune systems.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom