Very Interesting Info about Partners Statue

DisneyPinDad

Another story

Several years ago on the Behind Our Steam Trains tour, they told us that the statue shows Walt pointing TO the Train Station and not toward the Castle, since his first love was trains. Makes some sense, I suppose. All good stories!!

:D:D:D

hrcollectibles

This is according to a friend of mine who is a current Cast Member Also if you look at Walts Fingers he is pointing with the appear to be separated, that is because the picture it was based off of Walt was holding a Cigarette

Kontra

Well, I can't be sure about the reasoning behind Partners, but I do know for a fact the reason Cast Members point with two fingers.

It's not because pointing with one finger is considered rude in some cultures as you might expect. With attractions like COP and the offensively introverted depiction of 11 countries at World Showcase, do you really think Disney cares about ethnocentric value?

As you know, Walt Disney himself was a chain smoker. Whenever he was pointing something out in his park to a guest or fellow Imagineer he usually had a cigarette in his hand. Walt preferred to point using his right hand with the cigarette already between his two fingers. Boom. Cast Members to this day point with two fingers to traditionalize Walt or use a full hand to mock the mouse. (Of course they are fooled into believing the two finger thing is tradition rather than a cultural standard. The class is called "Traditions").

fredtom

I remember reading an article back when the statue was first introduced... saying that Blaine Gibson intended for Walt to be gesturing as he and Mickey were strolling, as if to say something like "...and look what we've done over here."
I believe the cast member story is another great myth.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Rufus T Firefly

I'm sure many have heard of the urban legend about the obscene image hidden in the partners statue if you look at it the right way. I like your story better though.

Perhaps Walt is just excited to see so many people enjoying themselves at the park. :lookaroun

goodtimes5286

lol geeze im such a kid, when i went on wednesday i snapped like 5 pics of the statue from frontierland, its real.....but stil it doesnt look right

like hes lookin at minnie on the bench down the way thinking "hey hawt mamma, why dont me and mickey run a train on that?"

Disneyfan2000

When i took the keys to the kingdom tour, our guide said that he is he in that stance because in the morning he is welcoming you to come on into the park, and in the evening is waving you off wishing you a good night and thanking you for coming.

Thats what i was told. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom