Very angry about Fast Pass + choices or lack there of for June 17-20!

Courtney6682

No worries, I am not saying that you can't or shouldn't do it; no one likes long lines. Just that someone might grumble a bit. I am sure that this happens all the time though.

I mean, what if someone in line has to use the restroom? Surly they leave and come back to their group. Don't let something like this hinder your vacation.

Thanks lol...I can't even remember the last time I waited in line for a meet and greet...my only child is 15 and past that lol....not to mention 15 yrs ago nothing was as popular as A&E.

bethymouse

Original Poster
Will people be mad at me and my family if only *I* wait in the standby line and tell my husband to take our youngest for a snack or walk while I wait so her wait time isn't as bad?
People do it all of the time. Don't worry about it.;) My hubby would say, " Who gives a ___ what other people think!".:eek: But, I think in your case it's different. It's just when a large group/party tries to do the "cut in line" thing. That gets annoying!:(

Courtney6682

@Courtney6682 There is always baby swap if you and your husband want to ride. But, I know the Anna and Elsa meet n greet will be a ridiculously long wait unless you have FP+.:(

Thank u @bethymouse! My youngest SD is 8 turning 9 3 days after we arrive so we don't need to swap...I just trying to cut down on the A&E meet and greet. I like you have been unable to snag a FP for them....blllaahhhh lol

EmmieSue

Thank u @bethymouse! My youngest SD is 8 turning 9 3 days after we arrive so we don't need to swap...I just trying to cut down on the A&E meet and greet. I like you have been unable to snag a FP for them....blllaahhhh lol

I would just be very careful because there are a lot of people who are trying to stop actual cutters from doing that by simply stopping everyone regardless of reason. I am quite sure the cast members would most likely eject them from the line if they are told they cut and the reasoning "my child didn't want to wait in line" isn't going to fly very well.

On our last trip though my sister and I had our two young nieces, both of which were potty training at the time and at one point the littlest one really had to go. I walked her back through the line and spoke to the cast member at the end of the line and that allowed us to get back through to my sister and other niece when we got back.

I do highly suggest watching wait times for the meet and greet for a few days before your trip. Even during spring break/Easter week I found a few times during the day that were only half hour waits. You don't have to wait in hour plus lines.

EmmieSue

Sorry for the double post, but like right now the app has it at only a 45 minute wait an hour and 40 minutes after park opening. Not sure if you are going during a busy time or not though. Either way, best of luck!

Courtney6682

Sorry for the double post, but like right now the app has it at only a 45 minute wait an hour and 40 minutes after park opening. Not sure if you are going during a busy time or not though. Either way, best of luck!

Not a problem! We land April 30th...first day at MK will be Friday, May 1st...I went the first week of May in 2011...and the waits were nothing...but then again there was no Anna and Elsa lol

bethymouse

Original Poster
Oh how I wish I could go during "non peak" times of the year. ( I'm a teacher).:( Then I wouldn't have to worry so much about FP+ and making those dreaded advanced reservations. Even though nowadays it seems like there are just no times of the year to go to WDW without crowds.:(

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
People do it all of the time. Don't worry about it.;) My hubby would say, " Who gives a ___ what other people think!".:eek: But, I think in your case it's different. It's just when a large group/party tries to do the "cut in line" thing. That gets annoying!:(
It does seem like quite a tricky issue.There has to be a certain allowance for little ones and parents that have to exit the line with them.However i don't agree with one person holding a space for a whole family.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Right, I agree that is just unfair..I was just asking because it would one person waiting in line...and then only one doing the meet n greet...just switiching out that person lol...me waiting...my SD meeting...

I see what you mean but will the people in the queue understand ? They may be of the whole " If you want to do the meet and greet then wait like the rest of us " attitude.

mnagel55

I feel for you @bethymouse. We arrive on the 23rd of next month and I have made NO FP plans...ugh. Thankfully my 'kids' are 16 and 19 and we have been a few times but this whole FP+ is a PITA! Good luck and just remember they are only this age once and to enjoy every second of it.

Rob562

If your youngest was a baby, maybe up to 2 years old, I most likely wouldn't have much of a problem with it (or even if they were a bit older and it was obvious they'd been in line and then had to suddenly leave for an emergency potty break). But a 9 year old is far too old to be trying that, IMO.

9 years old is what, 3rd grade? That's how old I was when I made my first visit to WDW and I can't fathom not waiting in line for something at that age...

-Rob

bethymouse

Original Poster
@mnagel55 I am really excited! My Dad passed away last June, and my Mom moved in with us. She is the most excited out of all of us ( she is 75).:D She loves watching her "boys" have so much fun!:joyfull: So.. the FP+ thing is just a "snag" in trip planning, but it certainly won't completely "ruin" our trip.:inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom