Vertigo & Rides

dreday3

Looking for updates on vertigo and rides. It's 2022 now and there have been a few changes in the way of rides. My vertigo is pretty bad and especially when I roll over in bed quickly with a low pillow under my head. Can't always elevate my head because of neck and arm pain issues. I do the Epley maneuver when the vertigo acts up and can get back to things pretty well. I'm planning to do as many rides as possible even though they scare me to death. :oops: What are the worst rides? I might avoid those so my day isn't ruined. I will find a bench to make the correction if necessary but it would be nice to avoid it.

I get BPV from time to time and also do Epley maneuver.
I can say that no rides I've been on at Disney ever triggered that kind of episode of true vertigo. Somehow mine is triggered by sleeping positions.
That said:
Smugglers Run made me dizzy and slightly nauseous. To the point I probably won't ride again.
I had no issues on Remy, MMRR or Rise.
Alien Swirling Saucers was fine.
I haven't been on FoP for fear nausea.
Fine on all coasters. Everest I felt a little funny this past trip, but that was more to do with being hot and hungry. :D
Won't do Mission Space.
Everything else - zero issues.

Last edited:

gptraveler

I get BPV from time to time and also do Epley maneuver.
I can say that no rides I've been on at Disney ever triggered that kind of episode of true vertigo. Somehow mine is triggered by sleeping positions.
That said:
Smugglers Run made me dizzy and slightly nauseous. To the point I probably won't ride again.
I had no issues on Remy, MMRR or Rise.
Alien Swirling Saucers was fine.
I haven't been on FoP for fear nausea.
Fine on all coasters. Everest I felt a little funny this past trip, but that was more to do with being hot and hungry. :D
Won't do Mission Space.
Everything else - zero issues.
Thanks. Just the kind of reply I was looking for. :)

MarvelCharacterNerd

I avoid all coasters, drop rides, spinning rides and anything moving past screens - with the exceptions of Soarin' and Philharmagic which both have sections where I need to close my eyes periodically when they get swoop-y or spinny but are otherwise okay for me. (And I presume you're referring to WDW, but also wanted to note I don't have a problem at DL/DCA with Web Slingers as the movement is not happening during the screen parts, just past props and stuff like a dark ride - then you stop in front of the screens to play the gaming parts.)

ltelling

Thanks. Just the kind of reply I was looking for. :)
@gptraveler How did you get on your last trip to wdw? I'm having vertigo that won't seem to leave me alone. Mainly rolling over in bed but the residual dizziness all day. Going to Disney next year and normally go on everything but really worried I'm going to have to sit it out!

Also has anyone had issues on a Plane with bppv? I'm in the UK so have a 9hr flight to deal with before anything!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom