Vegetarian options

BOOMitsGeorgia

Original Poster
Hi,
I'm planning on going back to WDW in May 2020 with a friend who is vegetarian. I've written down a massive detailed list of different veggie options in every park and disney springs (took quite a bit of time) but I was wondering what meals from what restaurants (table service or quick service) are the best and what would you recommend?

Thank you :)

Disney Loving Swede

By 2020 a lot of the menus will have changed but there is a group called veg disney on facebook that usually has some good tips and frequent updates. As of right now I love the fried green tomato sandwich at Rosie's at Hollywood studios and even if you dont see anything veggie on the menu always ask at, especially at table service.

Figgy1

Premium Member
By 2020 a lot of the menus will have changed but there is a group called veg disney on facebook that usually has some good tips and frequent updates. As of right now I love the fried green tomato sandwich at Rosie's at Hollywood studios and even if you dont see anything veggie on the menu always ask at, especially at table service.
^^^^This things are always changing but for the most part the veggie options are getting better. A few of my favorites, the veggie platter at both TC and SRT, Quinoa cakes at WCC, veggie sandwich at the Fountain, SS always has several options both hot and cold. The one must do is the vegan bread service at Sanaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not kidding a must do if you're even slightly adventurous, not to mention the restaurant is well themed

Shouldigo12

Buffets tend to be great, since they have a lot of options any way and imo you can make a good vegetarian meal out if sides alone. The 50s diner has a good vegetable lasagne too. But like others said, 2020 is so far away. I would wait until things get a little closer before making plans. Shoot, I decided to try and eat breakfast at a specific QS location about 3 months before my trip, then they announced a few weeks before we left that they would no longer be serving breakfast there. Menus change pretty frequently.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Buffets tend to be great, since they have a lot of options any way and imo you can make a good vegetarian meal out if sides alone. The 50s diner has a good vegetable lasagne too. But like others said, 2020 is so far away. I would wait until things get a little closer before making plans. Shoot, I decided to try and eat breakfast at a specific QS location about 3 months before my trip, then they announced a few weeks before we left that they would no longer be serving breakfast there. Menus change pretty frequently.
Best buffet for vegan options Tusker House by a mile. I didn't have to just get "sides"

Shouldigo12

Best buffet for vegan options Tusker House by a mile. I didn't have to just get "sides"
Tusker House was awesome! They had these samosas for a vegetarian option when I was there. I easily could have had just those and been in heaven. Everything else was great too, but I really loved those samosas.

bee

Here I am!

My wife and I are both vegetarians and we prefer to visit restaurants that have at least two options so we can each get something different. Here are some of our favorites. The ones with a * have a separate veg menu that you should ask for when you check in. Disclaimer: the last time we were at WDW was almost a year ago and, as others have noted, menus change frequently. But as @figmentfan423 mentioned, the veggie options are getting better and more plentiful!

Signature
California Grill (as of recently has a veg tasting menu-haven't tried it yet)
Jiko*
Flying Fish*
Narcoossee's* (our least favorite of the above but still good)

Table Service
Spice Road Table
La Hacienda de San Angel*
Tokyo Dining
Maya Grill
Kona Cafe
Chefs de France
Rose and Crown
Frontera Cocina

Buffet
Boma (especially breakfast)
Biergarten

Quick Service
Les Halles
Tangierine Cafe
Pecos Bill
Be Our Guest
Casey's Corner (they have a vegan hot dog-I haven't tried it but my vegetarian brother liked it)

Lounge with good food
Tutto Gusto
Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace
Nomad Lounge

I'm sure I'll think of more later. If you feel like reading a bunch of trip reports you can check out the links in my signature for lots of food pictures and reviews!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom