Vegetarian Food Options

angelfaerie52

Hello everyone!

I am going back to the world this May with my boyfriend. We have the meal plan and this is what my post will be about. I went in August, too, with my mother and we had the meal plan. Our big mistake was that we tried too many new restaurants and didn't go to places we loved.

MY problem is that I am a vegetarian. I won't eat beef or chicken, but I will eat eggs, milk, cheese, etc. I will eat SOME fish, but I am very choosey and would like to avoid fish on the trip because I am often disappointed with not New England seafood... haha.

I've been on allearsnet and read about how to be a veggie in Disney World. I'd like to hear some more tales about what people did. What table service were the best? What counter service? I want the best for my buck and I want to eat good food. Also, did people make requests for special meals? I don't want a special meal, I'd just like know what veggie options are out there.

Thanks in advance!

col

im a veggie as well :wave: im a very fussy eater and what ive found out is that almost may places will accomodate your dietary needs but what i did see is that the tomorrowland noodle station does a vegetable and tofu stir fry which sounds nice and tempting :slurp: , ive never tried it before but on my next trip i will, plus i stayed at all star sports and i asked if they did soya burgers and they did and i saw them cook it on a clean grill and they used different knives and scrappers plus the chef's knew i was very grateful after traveling all day it was nice to taste something nice and refreshing -plane food :hurl: !!!!!

let me know how you get on!

27 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy: :xmas: :)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco in EPCOT has a nice salad, the vegetable couscous and desserts that are yummy. Sunshine Seasons in The Land has some nice veggie selections as well.
Tusker House in DAK has a nice Veggie sandwich. You can get Amber Waves of Grain in the Liberty Tree Tavern at lunch and The Plaza restaurant has a Vegetarian Sandwich... these are in the MK.
Boma's dinner buffet is also a good option with plenty to choose from. Jiko also has some nice choices... these are in the AKL.

Just give the menus a quick check and I'm sure you can find a few other places. Remember, you can ask to speak to a chef and have something made to order. You can also call ahead of time and give them a chance to work something out for you, they are very helpful. While I am not a vegetarian I do sometimes eat all veggie meals. Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

sheilaro

I'm also a vegetarian. I wish I had discovered this web site before I went on my first WDW trip last year. We spent almost all of our time on park rides and events and didn't book any restaurant reservations in advance. We relied almost soley on counter service. I must admit that although I was truly mesmerized with all that there is to do and see at WDW, I was absolutely miserable about my food options. I lived on iceburg lettuce salads. I was starving my whole visit. The only time I found anything on a counter-service menu that was veggie-friendly was at the Morocco site at Epcot.

I will certainly do more advance planning on meals/menus before my next trip. I'm sure there is lots out there...however, for a family's first visit and planning only of what to do and see once at Disney, quick food options is somewhat limited for veggies.

Funny, I have been so caught up with the magic I experienced at Disney, I had pretty much forgotten about this one down-side about my visit.

Upvote 0

dumboflyer

I'm not a veggie person but my Grandma is. She has been raving about the new quick-service restaurant in the Land (where Sunshine Season Food Fair used to be). They apparently have a to-die-for Vegitarian Cuban Sandwich. She said it was AMAZING. They also have a tofu stew but she hasn't tried that yet. Plus, that is good because it's quick-service!

Also, Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for supper has a lot of different (and unique) options that are veggie. Think pumpkin soups, tabooluh (sp?), etc. But there are a lot of meats there too (ribs, salmon, etc). I'd ask the reservation person about it though because I'm just going off memory as a non-veggie person!! :)

Have fun and eat well! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom