Vegan Friendly Options?

cjgren

Original Poster
Hi folks!

I'm preparing for my next trip to the World in about a month for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler! I'm heading down with one of my good friends, who is vegan. For those of you unfamiliar with the term, vegans eat nothing that has been produced by an animal - no honey, eggs, milk.

This is completely new to me (I'm a carnivore through and through), and I've never been to World with someone with dietary restrictions like this. As such, I'm looking for suggestions for restaurants. The dining line wasn't much help, I think the person the line thought that vegan = vegetarian. Heh.

We have reservations at Boma for our first night there, so any other suggestions for the rest of the weekend would be awesome!

(I heard rumor of Babycakes in DTD, is this true?)

NiarrNDisney

Search WDWMagic for Dining Threads that Urbanvegan has post in! He is a wealth of info on the Vegan dining subject. :)

Otherwise I will do some research and post again later

s&k'smom

All of the above suggestions were just what I was going to say! Allears has a terrific article about going vegan and I found it pretty easy in the world to be a veggie. If making any ADR's and they have a spot for food issues, even at the Luau I had no issues as when I mentioned it and they brought me out a huge platter of steamed veggies and rice which was delicious. BOMA is also another terrific place for being vegan, mmmmmmm I can smell it already! I also brought along some cereal and soy milk so that I could start off my day with a super healthy start. Enjoy your trip.

crispy

Since you will be there during the start of the Food and Wine Festival, I wanted to mention that they have a vegan food both this year called Terra which will feature curry, chili, dessert, and vegan wine. I also suggest checking out vegan dining at www.allears.net.

cjgren

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! All the links have been super helpful! :D

We're really excited about the F&W Festival and I know we'll have a great time. I just worry too much I think! :3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom