Vault Collection - 50th Anniversary

AdventureHasAName

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, but at some point you just have to pick one and go ...

I've been watching some vlogger videos this morning about the Vault Collection (which is a new line of 50th anniversary merchandise that loosely resembles items that would have been available when WDW opened). In my mind, it's great stuff - I love it. The problem is, it is nowhere to be found on ShopDisney (or apparently anywhere else) and I live in Texas (so it's not like I can just drive over to Disney Springs for the night and go shopping).

I guess my point is two-fold:

1. Why isn't this stuff available on ShopDisney? The selection on that website is just awful. Why is it so awful? and
2. Is there somewhere else online these items can be purchased that I just don't know about?

aladdin2007

I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, but at some point you just have to pick one and go ...

I've been watching some vlogger videos this morning about the Vault Collection (which is a new line of 50th anniversary merchandise that loosely resembles items that would have been available when WDW opened). In my mind, it's great stuff - I love it. The problem is, it is nowhere to be found on ShopDisney (or apparently anywhere else) and I live in Texas (so it's not like I can just drive over to Disney Springs for the night and go shopping).

1. Why isn't this stuff available on ShopDisney? The selection on that website is just awful. Why is it so awful? and
2. Is there somewhere else online these items can be purchased that I just don't know about?

some of it will be on shopdisney this friday

JIMINYCR

Unfortunately this happens with lots of merchandise all the time. Soooo many things I want to get but never is available outside of the parks. Puts those of us who arent local at a great disadvantage and puts us at the mercy of the e-Bay sellers if you really want something bad enough. I cant believe how much money Disney must be missing out on in sales.

Club Cooloholic

Bob and the other executives have ebay accounts where they are selling park merch on the secondary market. Huge profits. 😊

AdventureHasAName

Original Poster
I'm going to bump this because, two weeks later, the selection continues to be terrible and everything they did have is sold out. How can a company this greedy be willing to leave this much money on the table?

ElvisMickey

They still have a pretty good selection of it at the Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs. I literally just bought some of it a few hours ago. However I know that doesn’t help those that aren’t at WDW and trying to get it online.

AdventureHasAName

Original Poster
They still have a pretty good selection of it at the Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs. I literally just bought some of it a few hours ago. However I know that doesn’t help those that aren’t at WDW and trying to get it online.
I suppose that's part of my point, if the demand is there, why aren't they making more product? And if you have the product (in stores at WDW), why isn't it available in your online store?

ElvisMickey

I suppose that's part of my point, if the demand is there, why aren't they making more product? And if you have the product (in stores at WDW), why isn't it available in your online store?
I agree completely. What I can tell you is that the 50th merchandise is pretty hot down here. World Of Disney was a madhouse just a few minutes after opening this morning.

Tom P.

If that's the reason ...

1. Why is the product available in the brick and mortar stores at WDW? and
2. Why is all of the other product selections (non-Anniversary merchandise) on shopDisney so awful?
Supplying enough product to stock the brick-and-mortar stores at one particular location (WDW) is exponentially different than supplying enough product for worldwide availability via an online store.

drizgirl

This was an issue even back before the pandemic. They have never been good at keeping a good selection on the online store.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If that's the reason ...

1. Why is the product available in the brick and mortar stores at WDW? and
2. Why is all of the other product selections (non-Anniversary merchandise) on shopDisney so awful?

If you've been to the parks lately, that wouldn't have been a question asked. The store inventory in all the parks is very thin. They've removed lots of displays and spread the remaining ones out.

celluloid

Funny to see Brer Bear painted on the walls in the Co Op Store and on the preview center art shirts at both there and in the Cinema store at Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom