Value VS Moderate

Mainahman

MY wife and I both slept in the doubles at POP! in 2012 and it was a bit tight. We are used to a king at home. it was doable but for a 7 day trip it made it difficult. This time since its just the 2 of us its King or bust!

jw24

Perhaps you need something a little more visual to help.

Double Beds at All-Star Sports (All the same size at the values.)

http://d2eu5panhhlmd4.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/.jpg

King-size bed at the values.

301-All-Star-Sports-Room-King-Bed_JPG.jpg

Double beds at a moderate (This one is from Port Orleans)

french-quarter-standard-room-disney-port-orleans-french-quarter-v639802-1152.jpg

King-size bed at a moderate (This one's from Coronado Springs.)

Coronado-Springs-Room-King-Bed-1.jpg

Anyway, here are some things to consider and these I got from Mousesavers.com

Standard Room Area at a Value: 277 square feet
Standard Room Area at a Moderate: 314 square feet (Caribbean Beach though has theirs at 340 square feet!)

Caribbean Beach's Standard Rooms have two double beds (Just like the values.)
Standard rooms at Coronado Springs, Port Orleans- French Quarter and the Magnolia Bend section of Port Orleans-Riverside have two queen beds.
Standard rooms in the Alligator Bayou section of Port Orleans – Riverside have two Queen beds plus a small single Murphy bed.

So if I was in your position, I'd pick a moderate because you'll need a lot of space for a family of four and the values will definitely make you feel cramped! If you want a ton of room, then Coronado Springs, Port Orleans - Riverside or Port Orleans - French Quarter will work. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

G8rchamps

Just did 3 nights at POP this weekend and our only complaint was bed size. I actually searched "bed size" and found this thread. Very glad to hear the moderates are actually queens and will pay the extra next time to get better sleep.

Weather_Lady

DH and I are medium-to-husky and he is 6'0" tall. We once had to spend a night in our daughter's double-size sleigh bed. DH's feet were pressed against the footboard and we had to snuggle pretty close to fit.

We're totally fine a queen-sized bed, however. We've stayed at Coronado Springs and Port Orleans Riverside in their queen beds very comfortably.

You'll also get a slightly larger room and (for most rooms) double sinks in a moderate -- since there are four of you, you may find that these minor upgrades spell the difference between a comfortable stay and a stressful one.

lebeau

A while back, we stayed at Port Orleans before they had the queen sized beds. My wife and I each slept with one of the children instead of sleeping together. The kids were 1 and 5 at the time, so they didn't take up too much space. Even then, the full sized beds were uncomfortable. I was in bed with the five-year-old who tossed and turned so much I eventually abandoned the bed and slept on the trundle bed. It wasn't very comfortable either, but it beat the alternative.

Paying extra for the queen beds is definitely the way to go. In addition, you will get more immersive theme, a bigger room and better ammenities. If you are concerned about comfort, it's a no-brainer.

Also, you appear to have younger kids. For us, that means more time at the resort. We're going back for naps or afternoon swims. We would go crazy in a Value.

The one downside to the Mods is that they are huge. Unless you pay even more for a preferred room, you will likely be a good 15 minutes from the main building. That means a 30 minute walk with kids if you want to refill your mug at the food court. I definitely recommend having a car. Helps with the busses too.

Just last week, I did a write-up on Coronado Springs for a friend who is going to be staying there this fall. It's his first time at a Moderate Resort, so I went into some detail on Values vs. Mods. Here's a link if you're interested.

Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom