Value resorts?

phillipsa9

I'm looking to book a trip with some friends and we're trying to save money. My Disney experiences consist of staying at either The Boardwalk or AKL numerous times and once staying at the Hilton in Downtown Disney.

I honestly didn't mind staying off property at all before but it clearly didn't compare to the WDW resorts.

Do you think I'd be disappointed by the Value resorts having only stayed at the Deluxe level? They don't seem quite as "magical" to me. Plus we are in fact adults (adults vacationing in Disney World, yes) The value resorts do seem very geared towards families.

Would I be better off just staying at a $120 a night hotel in DTD?

OR... Should I do Carribbean Beach?

Thanks for your help everyone!

durangojim

I much prefer Pop Century to any moderate I've ever stayed at, and really like the resort. We stay at Deluxes about 90% of the time and you can see in my sig where that has been.

Upvote 0

WDWisAMAZING

I actually feel that the Value Resorts are the most "magical." I love all the tall figures in each of them. They may not have all the same amenities but they are still fun to be at!

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

The thing to remember with the Value resorts is that they are value for a reason. You're not going to get all the perks and amenities that you would with a deluxe resort. That being said, they are great hotels and for the price it's great. They are very heavily themed and a lot of fun to be around. They're more in a fast-paced environment compared to the deluxe resorts but that's to be expected. The only thing that may shy you away is the size of the beds. When I went with my family my father wouldn't stay in the Value's because of the size of the beds. They're much smaller compared to most of the deluxe resorts. They're true double beds. As long as you're ok with the small sleeping arrangements then you're good.

I highly recommend Pop of all of them. I liked the atmosphere better and the location is much better than the All-Stars. I also think the food court at Pop is really good for what it is. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

I have stayed at Sports and Pop traveling with my Mom in her 80's we had a ball there! Yes its a bit crowded and noisier, but we had a good time. Just as good as when we stay deluxe. The money you save is will worth it. I found the AKL club level not worth the money!

Upvote 0

stlbobby

I prefer the Value Resorts over the Deluxes. I would choose the All-Stars over any of the Deluxes even if theywere the same rate. I love the theming. I think they are the most Disney of all the resorts. The rooms are smaller, but they are nice. The resort is busier, but I enjoyed the energy.

For me the only thing the Values lacked was hot tubs. Those are important after a long day of walking, but I still love them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom