value resorts?

wdwrules

been to disney world before but never stayed at an actual disney resort. we want to stay at a value resort but dont know which one to stay at. anybody have any suggestions?

DisJosh

All the value resorts are the same standard but just have diferent theming. If you have the extra money I advise staying at a moderate.......its not that much of a price diference. Seeing its your first time staying at a Disney hotel you would probably enjoy the value resorts which are all All Stars. I personally didnt enjoy the All Stars the service was horrible compared to the moderates and was just less than what I expected from Disney.

Upvote 0

wdwnut_2004

Depends..

If you have kids... I would definetly suggest the All-Star Movies. If you are traveling as a couple either the All-Star Music or Sports. They are all pretty great! We usually stay in the value resorts because it doesn't pay to stay in the real expensive ones... because you are hardly in your room anyway!

Attachments

• woody.jpg
    woody.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 368
Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Welcome!!

IMO, I feel that the value resorts are themed to the point of tackiness... Like wdwnut said above, if you have children, then I would suggest the value resorts. Either way, I think you will be thankful if you make the choice to stay at a moderate resort.

Upvote 0

faithful

If you have little boys as I do, there will be no convicing them that the All Star Sports is tacky. They will view it as heaven. A few tips though... request to be near the food court and to have an interior view (i.e. not a parking lot view.) These resorts are pretty spread out. If you are near the food court which is close to the bus service and you look out at a nice view, the experience will be much more pleasant. I stayed at the same hotel twice and enjoyed one experience much more than the other simply because of room placement. I have stayed at the All Star Sports twice, All Star Music once, Caribbean Beach once and The Dolphin once. Each time I brought the boys. While the Sports was not my favorite, it certainly was the childrens.

On my last trip we stayed at the All Star for 10 nights. For the same money at a Deluxe resort I would have stayed 3 nights. I thought is was a smart buy. :D

Upvote 0

hellokitty1

the all star movies cant be beat!!
it has the most disney flair
the rest of the resorts feel more like a regular
hotels. some to the extent of "snobbiness" the ASmovies has all the atmosphere of
disney all the time.

it is great for families.
i noticed you have a dalmation on your i.d.
you would love the 101 dalmation themed rooms

go for all star movies, great time, and less
expensive.

heck how many hours will you be in your room?

by the way i have stayed in WL, and POLY
and i am choosing to go back to movies march 2002!!:)

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm going to be staying at ASM for the 4th time next month. I enjoy having the over-done theming. I'm like a big kid anyway, so it makes it more enjoyable.

Upvote 0

Coronado

All Stars have the same basic floor plan as the moderates. The Stars are nice and have good food. You want bad food....Mc Donalds is within walking distance of all three. What you want to do is ask for rooms in the closest building to the main entrance... It is the one with the Caribean theme at Music and the Surf theme at Sports......Ski Ya!

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Coronado
All Stars have the same basic floor plan as the moderates. The Stars are nice and have good food. You want bad food....Mc Donalds is within walking distance of all three. What you want to do is ask for rooms in the closest building to the main entrance... It is the one with the Caribean theme at Music and the Surf theme at Sports......Ski Ya!

At all-star movies if you want to be close ask for fantasia 2000.

Upvote 0

Kevin

thanks moose for that degrading comment. there is nothing wrong with the value resorts if you are on a budet and still want to experience Disney.

yes, they aren't real plush but they do the trick for the audience they are tailored to.

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Kevin
thanks moose for that degrading comment. there is nothing wrong with the value resorts if you are on a budet and still want to experience Disney.

yes, they aren't real plush but they do the trick for the audience they are tailored to.

same here! Loves the all star movies. great theme and everything!

Upvote 0

Badger Brent

Value rooms

Our last visit was in May and we started with All Star Sports and then ended at Wilderness Lodge Villas. We are going again in Dec. and are doing only sports this time. For the amount of time WE spend at the hotel, it made more sense for us. My personal opinion about the food court is this, sports had bigger selection than WL and more space. It all depends what YOU consider important and where you want to spend your money, at the parks and other events or the room. :D

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
I just think that the All-Star resorts are not good looking. They only have a food-court and have barely anything to do there. Plus I just don't like the over-size versions of Cowboy Boots and Jukeboxes (Pop-Century Resort Coming March 2002).

Upvote 0

Figgy

:D Well I am spending my first trip on-property at Music.
At $49 per night - made more sense to me. I can afford to stay there all week. :)

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Figgy
:D Well I am spending my first trip on-property at Music.
At $49 per night - made more sense to me. I can afford to stay there all week. :)

Hope you have fun! We just got back and stayed at the all star movies!

Upvote 0

Figgy

Thanks. CRO said I would be spoiled and never want to stay off-property again - even at a higher rate. We usually do not spend much time in our room. Just need to shower and sleep.

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Figgy
Thanks. CRO said I would be spoiled and never want to stay off-property again - even at a higher rate. We usually do not spend much time in our room. Just need to shower and sleep.

That pretty much what we do too. But I usually take some time to walk around the resort and take in the atomsphere.

Upvote 0

faithful

Make sure you add a comment on your reservations under preferences that you want to be near the food court (which is near transtportation and the bottomless mug refill center.) The all Stars are really spread out and if you are near these you will have a much better time. I have been both near to these and far from these and the experiece at the resort was much diffferent when you had a long hike from the bus stop to your room at the end of the night. Have a good time!!!:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom