value resorts?

wdwrules

been to disney world before but never stayed at an actual disney resort. we want to stay at a value resort but dont know which one to stay at. anybody have any suggestions?

Figgy

I asked for the Calypso. The CRO was so nice, I figured what the heck. No problem. Can't confirm that yet, as I haven't gotten my reservation paperwork. The experience taught me to call back, though. The first CRO was short and abrupt ($99, too). The second was so nice, she even "offered" to look at the 8 days I requested. She found the last day was the hold up for the $49. I knocked that off and we were in business. We talked for a while, (I will know it when the phone bill comes).

Upvote 0

Tink

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
They all look the same to me! :mad: :mad:

Sorry but I just hate the Value Resorts because the people seem so cheap. :eek: Sorry, no offense to anyone out there.

The people seem cheap? Not everyone can afford to take their families to a moderate or deluxe resort and are doing the best they can on their respective budgets. I have never stayed at a Value Resort - I have never even seen one so I can't comment on their appearance. But to say you hate the value resort because of the people that stay there? Of course, people will take offense to that - it is offensive!

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Originally posted by Tink

The people seem cheap? Not everyone can afford to take their families to a moderate or deluxe resort and are doing the best they can on their respective budgets. I have never stayed at a Value Resort - I have never even seen one so I can't comment on their appearance. But to say you hate the value resort because of the people that stay there? Of course, people will take offense to that - it is offensive!

I agree with you, Tink. It might be difficult for a very young person to understand but the value resorts make it possible for a lot of families to go to Disney and stay on property where they might not otherwise have been able to. Families with two or three kids, particularly when the parents are still young can't always afford to spend a week in the more expensive resorts on top of the costs of travel, food and souvenirs that come along with such a trip… If I didn't live close enough to take day trips and I couldn't afford to stay in the more expensive resorts AND completely enjoy a full trip, I would skimp on the resort before I'd shorten my stay or miss out on a cool souvenir.

Upvote 0

Figgy

Originally posted by MrPromey

:rolleyes: Half naked I might add...;)
I will not touch that........

Thanks, Tink! Appreciate your taking up for the cheap folks. My husband and I both work and this is the only vacation we take. Usually we go to the motels on 192, but with the $49 rate, we decided to splurge this year. With the price of tickets and meals, that will be a huge increase in what we normally spend. But we would not dream of cutting our vacation short, going to another timeshare presentation, or take something we should be paying for. Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

Tink

Originally posted by Figgy

Thanks, Tink! Appreciate your taking up for the cheap folks. My husband and I both work and this is the only vacation we take. Usually we go to the motels on 192, but with the $49 rate, we decided to splurge this year...

I've got your back, Figgy! :cool: I've stayed more off property (on 192) than on so I know what you're saying. A lot of us go down more than the normal person so we have to be clever when it comes to getting the most for our trips.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Originally posted by MrPromey

I agree with you, Tink. It might be difficult for a very young person to understand but the value resorts make it possible for a lot of families to go to Disney and stay on property where they might not otherwise have been able to. Families with two or three kids, particularly when the parents are still young can't always afford to spend a week in the more expensive resorts on top of the costs of travel, food and souvenirs that come along with such a trip… If I didn't live close enough to take day trips and I couldn't afford to stay in the more expensive resorts AND completely enjoy a full trip, I would skimp on the resort before I'd shorten my stay or miss out on a cool souvenir.

Single schoolteachers who go twice in the same summer can't afford much more than that, either...

Upvote 0

faithful

My husband is another one who complains about the people at the All Stars. I have to say its is NOT that they are cheap....It is that late at night you have to walk by the POOL BAR and their are usually a group of folks enjoying life that do not realize ALL THE CHILDREN are walking by them to go back to their rooms. Other resorts have bars too but the entire resorts traffic is not directed by them late at night to get to their rooms. I am sure the folks are just as snockered at the Deluxe resorts....just a bit more out of site. Nothing wrong with enjoying life but most folks are here for a family vacation not a fraternity party.:D If I could overcome this one problem I would stay at the ALL STARS on every visit. (I have stayed 3 times at the ALL STARS and the problem has always been the same...this year I am returning to the Moderates.)

Upvote 0
Hey Figgy! Are you an annual passholder? (to get the $49 rate at the All Stars). We just changer our Oct reservations to get the $49 rate but we had to get the annual passes, which we planned on getting anyway. By the way, if that makes me a cheap person............

LONG LIVE THE CHEAP PEOPLE!!!!!

Upvote 0

faithful

You don't have to have an annual pass to get the $49 rate. Check the latest rate codes on the Mousesavers.com web site. There is one that will get you that rate that is good for everyone (even us cheap people who do not have annual passes.):cool:

Upvote 0

Figgy

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
Hey Figgy! Are you an annual passholder? (to get the $49 rate at the All Stars). We just changed our Oct reservations to get the $49 rate but we had to get the annual passes, which we planned on getting anyway. By the way, if that makes me a cheap person............

LONG LIVE THE CHEAP PEOPLE!!!!!
Faithful did a real good job with that one. I had a postcard, but used the code on mousesavers. Still haven't completely decided on the annual passes. :( :confused: :confused:

"LONG LIVE THE CHEAP PEOPLE!!"

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom