Value Resort versus Disney Springs Hotel

Da Bird is Da Word

Hey guys. So I’m planning a week long trip with my girlfriend for this Summer to Disney. I’d love to do the Polynesian for the entire duration of our stay, but it’s quite expensive even with renting DVC points. So I think we’re going to do 5 days at the Polynesian, and extend our trip a couple days with a stay at a value resort or Disney Springs Resort area hotel.

With Disney Springs hotels like the Double Tree now offering Extra Magic Hours and 60 day Fast Pass reservations, I’m now trying to find out whether we should do a Value Resort like All Star Music or go with a Disney Springs hotel. The inexpensive suites at Double Tree look like a nice option, but we don’t necessarily need the space since it’s just me and my girlfriend.

What are your thoughts? Should we do 2 days at Springs or go for a Disney owned Value Resort?

Da Bird is Da Word

Original Poster
Whichever you choose, I would start the trip there and end at the Poly. Anything else will seem dull in comparison!

lol. I guess I was hoping for someone to talk me into one thing or the other. But alas, I'll have to make the choice at the end of the day! I do agree, that we should stay at the 'cheap' place first and stay at the nice place for the rest of the trip. It would be kind of depressing to have to pack our stuff and move out of Polynesian and into a typical hotel mid-way through the trip. But since I can't afford the suites or bungalows, the room itself will actually be a downgrade when we get to the Polynesian. lol. (assuming we stay at Double Tree the first couple nights) But it'll just be me and the girlfriend, so space isn't an issue and I value the Disney theming and monorail access above the room, which will just be where we shower and sleep anyway.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

Don’t forget the view of the MK fireworks from the beach at Poly. The pictures of it look quite romantic. Poly is also home to Ohana and Trader Sams, which would be big on my list if I were going alone with hubby.

Do you think you and your GF would enjoy a night or two at the Disney Springs restaurants and bars? Might be nice to stay nearby.

Upvote 0

jmp85

I think if it's just you and your girlfriend, I'd stay at one of the values. Prior to our first kid, my wife and I quite enjoyed Pop Century (and we've stayed at values, moderates, and deluxe). I will say we have never stayed at, or really seriously considered the DS hotels. I think for us, we really enjoy being in the "Disney bubble" and I think staying at a bland double-tree would kill my Disney vibes. We always drive as well (about 6 hours), but we prefer to leave our car at the resort and bus it everywhere -- again to stay in our "bubble." Let us know how you like the DS hotels if you go that route.

Upvote 0

DisneyFans4Life

To make it easier for you...book at a Disney value resort...you will be much happier. The theming of the value resorts some will say is "too tacky," but I think they're great. Look at Pop Century or Sports for the first couple of nights and then finish off at the Poly.

Easy right??

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom