Vacations in Advance

yfd326

Hello, I was wondering how many people have several planned vacations?
Yes I said several. We were no sooner off our DCL Magic trip and my wife and our friends are planning more trips.

I was notified of a trip on April 8th 2017 and another on Aug 18 the 2017. I guess I had better start working overtime!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Oh, several people on here have their next couple trips planned, I assure you.

Hubster and I are going to be in WDW from Dec 1-4, then on the Disney Dream cruise from the 5-9. While at WDW, we are upgrading to an Annual Pass, so I can come down for a quick weekend (already booked) in February when my sister and her family are there. While on board the Dream, we plan to book our next cruise. Then we are coming back to WDW in May (that's already booked). We then want to come back in fall, but are wanting to see what the bounceback offer is on our February or May trip.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

Ahhh...to be independently wealthy or win the lottery...:rolleyes:
Neither are necessary. We have 2-3 vacations (not necessarily Disney) booked or in varying stages of planning at any given time. Yes, some of them are pricy, but others are not. We live (and vacation) within our means, and budget carefully for every trip. We sit down once a year to work out our travel budget for the upcoming year. It may seem like a lot to some, but it is about our only indulgence.

Upvote 0

21stamps

Neither are necessary. We have 2-3 vacations (not necessarily Disney) booked or in varying stages of planning at any given time. Yes, some of them are pricy, but others are not. We live (and vacation) within our means, and budget carefully for every trip. We sit down once a year to work out our travel budget for the upcoming year. It may seem like a lot to some, but it is about our only indulgence.
When people at work joke about all of my "vacations" regardless of weekend or week or more, I just laugh.
Travel/experiences are one of the most important things in my life, always have been.
I see people that work for me order lunch everyday..from chipotle to outback, same people are hitting the vending machines daily.
I admittedly do have my Starbucks lattes every day, but I pack my lunch most days of the week, including snacks so I don't go to the vending machine. I also bring my water bottle daily and just refil from the water there, instead of buying soda.
If people added up how much that actually spent on vending machines and lunch I think they would be very surprised.

Life's all about choices :)

Upvote 0

yfd326

Original Poster
Thanks for the the participation and info!

We are again looking to get Annual Passes. This will undoubtedly promote more vacations...lol.

Yes some of my friends ask why do you always go to Disney? This from someone who always goes to Las Vegas...
I reply because I get a lot out of it for my family and especially my kids. I'm a kid again watching them enjoy themselves. That's what it's all about.

I can't get anything from sitting at a gambling table in Vegas.

I know there is a lot more out there and I make all attempts to go on vacations in different locations.

We still gravitate back to Disney....

Upvote 0

TARDIS

That's us for sure, I've got 3 in the works currently. Of course people always question me on why I'm going back to WDW again. But I laugh it off because those same people visit the beach for their vacation year after year and there is no difference.

Upvote 0

tmitch

We have several planned for next year. Booked a dcl cruise while on another one to get the discount. Booked a "slower" period time to make it cheaper and made sure I have ample time to do the target card/Disney gift card maneuver to make it cheaper. Booked a different cruise line for I8 months in advance to get the early saver promo, booked a 3rd during a bogo 50% off to maximize those savings as well. Made sure monthly budget after essentials allowed a payoff plausible without using credit cards

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom