Vacation Village at Parkway - How Was It?

talfonso

Original Poster
Mom and I bought a timeshare (We're members of RCI resorts.) for Vacation Village at Parkway for Winter Break 2006. The atmosphere of the Suite was homey, with a small kitchen and a laundry room. I slept in an tad bit uncomfortable sofa bed, but Mom slept on the king-size bed. I haven't heard of the food, but that timeshare is just five minutes away from WDW, which was excellent since we ended the vacay with a day at the Magic Kingdom, where I met the likes of Brer Fox, Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Tigger, and Pooh.

Anyone satisfied or disappointed with the place? I'm a bit on the satisfied side just for the convenient location. :)

devjohnson

We LOVED it....well 4 years ago. back then there was WAY LESS building and even offered free iced tea, lemonade, and Krispy Kreme's!

X-Ser

I've stayed there twice, once in June 07 and again in October 08, and loved it both times. The location is great; you can get to any park gate in less than 10 minutes, both Publix and Walgreens are right down the road, and there's good shopping and dining, plus an on-ramp to I-4, all nearby. We're not the kind of people who like to hang out at resorts, so I can't offer an opinion on the amenities offered, but the rooms themselves are wonderful. Even the B side is more than enough room for 2-3 people, and the A side is very nice (If you have both, even better!). It's nice having a full fridge for stuff like water, cold cuts, and leftover pizza!

DisneySam

We have stayed there before and will probably end up there in November. Great location, it's pretty quick to get to all the parks and like X-Ser said it's super close to Publix and Walgreens as well- which is nice. We stayed in an A side room the past few times and it was great! Very roomy and we enjoyed the amenities (especially the big screen tv :) ).

We also liked that we could park so close to our building each night, we didn't have to walk a mile from the car to our room like you sometimes do at the Disney resorts.

jeffk410

we own there, but never have stayed there haha. We always stay at Orange Lake Country Club when we go to the world. I imagine we will try it eventually. We usually trade that place for somewhere else in the country.

AshaNeOmah

Wife and I stayed there for the 2nd half of our Honeymoon in June 2005. We couldn't afford more time on property after the 4-5 night wedding trip and actually paying for the ceremony/reception in Disney. (I highly recommend getting hitched in WDW if possible.) My parents have owned a week at Club Sevilla (been there?) since the 80's and they could get Vacation Village for the week after our weeding.

It was exactly as expected. Clean and rather new at the time. Lots of families and a short trip to the parks. I always prefer staying inside the resort, of course, but VV would be an affordable alternative if that wasn't possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom