vacation club coming to AK Lodge

TomorrowlandTyler

HauntedPirate said:
My guess, and it's only a guess, is that they are going to do AKL now to have it ready when SSR sells out (2008?), then start on the Contemporary to have it ready when AKL sells out (2009-2010?). By then, they'll either have another entire DVC property planned out, or else they'll keep adding to existing resorts. I hope they keep doing a little of both, myself.

All sounds good to me:D

Me too.

I think Al Weiss had some type of press conference scheduled for 12:30 EST today. If this is going to be announced it may be there. I'm guessing this is not happening at this point since there are other press releases that will most likely be covered in the 12:30 conference that were released earlier today. If this announcement is coming today why not include the release with the others. Still holding on to hope.

PhilharMagician

I have been holding out on buying more points till some of the CR rumors came through. Now I hope this rumor comes true and I will just have to wait for AKL.

PatsRule

While I'm sure that DVC will come to AKL at some point, I wouldn't trade my BCV points for any other resort. We stayed at AKL and it was very nice but it didn't come close to BCV for us. At BCV, you have EPCOT, MGM, and Boardwalk all within walking distance. The atmosphere is better for us and it isn't dark. The dark gets to after awhile at AKL. BC and YC are so much brighter and cheerier. Not even close for us. But, that's why Disney has so many different resorts... so there is something for everyone's tastes.

ctwhalerman

PhilharMagician said:
????? :veryconfu

yea, pretty bad joke...

the bus stops closest to the park entrances are always the DVC resorts, and I just got nostalgic over the time when Old Key West was the only resort there...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, DVC and Deluxe resorts.... ;) Although we got very irritated at MGM last year when we saw 3-4 buses go by (over 30-35 minutes) for Moderates and other DVC resorts before getting a bus to SSR. :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom