vacation club coming to AK Lodge

dr_teeth90210

flscooman said:
New building with 3rd full service restaurant and also some conversions of 5th floor rooms.

I just hope the DVC addition doesn't throw off the ambiance of my favorite resort.

So far, DVC has done a great job with their additions to deluxe resorts like the Beach Club and the Wilderness Lodge. So, hopefully, they keep up with their excellence record with the Villas at the AKL.(working title)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Does that mean another Savannah though? Looking at the map, I don't see where they could extend to.. it's really far out of the way to get to the end of any of the current trails, and since they need access for the animals, they can't extend into the most obvious areas logisticly.

1stStarIC2nite

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!! Wow.. I love being a DVC member and I've always dreamed of staying at AKL. Now, we can!!! So awesome... can't wait to hear more :king: :wave:

peter11435

1stStarIC2nite said:
THIS IS THE BEST NEWS OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!! Wow.. I love being a DVC member and I've always dreamed of staying at AKL. Now, we can!!! So awesome... can't wait to hear more :king: :wave:

Hold on there. Don't get too excited until this information is confirmed. I'm not doubting flscooman but you know how these tings go sometimes.

1stStarIC2nite

peter11435 said:
Hold on there. Don't get too excited until this information is confirmed. I'm not doubting flscooman but you know how these tings go sometimes.

Yeah, I know... I hope he's not faking though... it would be pretty awesome...

peter11435

1stStarIC2nite said:
Yeah, I know... I hope he's not faking though... it would be pretty awesome...
I believe that the OP actually works at AKL. And he doesn't have a history of posting unfounded rumors. Thus I doubt he is faking. I just don't want you to get your hopes to high just to be dissapointed,

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What?!?!?! AKL for the next DVC property??? What happened to the Contemporary? :lol:

An interesting choice for a DVC property. AKL is not usually somewere we'd like to stay, but if this happens, who knows?

wannab@dis

HauntedPirate said:
What?!?!?! AKL for the next DVC property??? What happened to the Contemporary? :lol:

An interesting choice for a DVC property. AKL is not usually somewere we'd like to stay, but if this happens, who knows?
Exactly. It's been rumored for quite a while to be the CR. I don't think they would have two new resorts going in at once since they don't want them competing for sales. IF this one comes true, I may have to re-think DVC. :lol:

Captain Chaos

Maybe the DVC for Contemporary was put on hold since the refubishments of the rooms is taking longer than planned... Or speculation about CR was wrong.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My guess, and it's only a guess, is that they are going to do AKL now to have it ready when SSR sells out (2008?), then start on the Contemporary to have it ready when AKL sells out (2009-2010?). By then, they'll either have another entire DVC property planned out, or else they'll keep adding to existing resorts. I hope they keep doing a little of both, myself. :)

peter11435

dxer07002 said:
Maybe the DVC for Contemporary was put on hold since the refubishments of the rooms is taking longer than planned... Or speculation about CR was wrong.
Longer than planned?

As far as I know the Contemporary room rehabs were not supposed to be done until the end of 2006 and are still on schedule.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Peter - they haven't even toucher the North garden wing. The tower will probably be done, but the south wing seems to be taking a long time.

Note - they repainted the south wing in area - it's a more grey sandstone now. Definately a crisper white blue-ish tone than the warm beige sandstone of the main tower currently.

dr_teeth90210

I was told by a Contemporary Manager that the resort would not be completely finished with the room refurbishments for another 3 years. And that was back in October of 2005.:(

PixyDust

dr_teeth90210 said:
I just hope the DVC addition doesn't throw off the ambiance of my favorite resort.

Hey now! We're a likable bunch.

Geezzz, we have 500 points right now, and we just can't buy more. But I'd sell my Boardwalk and Beach Club to get in at AKL. AKL is our favorite deluxe resort when we pay for a room. I think I read somewhere that point prices are about to take another leap. Maybe this is the reaon why.

I hope this is true, but I'll hold out putting my BW and BC points up for sale until I hear it for sure! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom