News V.I.Passholder Days return in 2024

prberk

I didn’t realize the restaurant had closed. I haven’t been to WDW in a while (too expensive), except for a couple of days for the D23 event in September, but I always thought that restaurant was interesting and unique. Sad to see it go.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
May 1 to June 18 for the Lounge? That's it? How about May 1 through August 31 when its hot as blazes? Will Restaurant Marrakesh be used for something else after June 18 or will it languish again? If the latter, why only 6 weeks for the lounge? Come on, Disney, you can do better.
Last time we were in Marrakesh it was beyond gross

I wouldn’t wish it on anyone

aladdin2007

I didn’t realize the restaurant had closed. I haven’t been to WDW in a while (too expensive), except for a couple of days for the D23 event in September, but I always thought that restaurant was interesting and unique. Sad to see it go.
the company that ran it went bankrupt during the pandemic closure, and no replacement has come about, and looks like Disney doesn't even want to bother with running it themselves which is pathetically sad since they took over pavilion operations anyway. It was one of the last spots left where you could enjoy a nice meal that wasn't loud or crazy busy.

JeffBostock

So a lounge at a closed restaurant where you can get a snack and a beverage, plus a "free button", and a 20% discount at DisneyStore.com. If they don't do something markedly more than this...

My AP just expired a few weeks ago and wasn't going to renew it. But with the announcement of V.I.P. assholder Days, I am actually thinking of renewing just so I can drink a free water (which I can get at most restaurants) and sit in AC (which is already available in many places at EPCOT). But how about getting to return to Restaurant Marrakesh??? Bring in the belly dancers, and now we're talking! 20% off the cheaply made merch brings it closer to the price of what most of the junk is actually worth. The only merch I've bought recently are pins.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My AP just expired a few weeks ago and wasn't going to renew it. But with the announcement of V.I.P. assholder Days, I am actually thinking of renewing just so I can drink a free water (which I can get at most restaurants) and sit in AC (which is already available in many places at EPCOT). But how about getting to return to Restaurant Marrakesh??? Bring in the belly dancers, and now we're talking! 20% off the cheaply made merch brings it closer to the price of what most of the junk is actually worth. The only merch I've bought recently are pins.
If anyone needed proof as to how not valued Passholders are, this “event” is the pudding.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney is teasing the next Annual Passholder magnet.

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_3996.jpg

THEMEPARKPIONEER

ToTBellHop

It is peculiar that the Passholder lounge ends before V.I.Passholder days end. Wonder why. Perhaps they have plans for the space during Food and Wine, whenever that commences?

JohnD

It is peculiar that the Passholder lounge ends before V.I.Passholder days end. Wonder why. Perhaps they have plans for the space during Food and Wine, whenever that commences?
It might be the Florida Blue Lounge again. Akershus was the Florida Blue Lounge just after the pandemic and before it re-opened. I believe Marrakesh was the Florida Blue Lounge a year ago.

ToTBellHop

It might be the Florida Blue Lounge again. Akershus was the Florida Blue Lounge just after the pandemic and before it re-opened. I believe Marrakesh was the Florida Blue Lounge a year ago.
This may suggest F&W will continue commencing in July despite the earlier end to F&G. We’ll see…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom