Usually stay in a moderate but thinking Wilderness Lodge for next trip..worth it?

Grumpydoc

We've been to WDW 7 times in the past decade (most of the trips have been during President's week...yikes the crowds!) and have always stayed at a moderate. Although we've stayed at all of the moderates, we tend to prefer POR and CBR. We've started planning our next trip (August) and are thinking about trying the Wilderness Lodge but just can't decide if it's worth the exta money. We tend to leave the room first thing in the morning to hit the food court for a quick breakfast and on to the parks. We often hop from park to park and get back to the resort in the early evening. Since this will be our first summer trip, we're thinking we might want to spend more time in the parks at night and it would be nice to be able to take the boat over to the MK from Wilderness Lodge. We'd love to hear from anyone who went from staying in moderates to the Wildnerness Lodge and what you thought about it. Was it really worth the cost? How do the landscaping and general amenities compare to CBR or POR? Thanks!

disneygirl1

Decisions Decisions... I say go for it if you can afford it, but at the same time, if you are one of those people that do not spend alot of time at the resort, I say spend the money else where.

Upvote 0

Grumpydoc

Original Poster
Well, we went for it and booked WL. The comments from everyone were so positive. We are especially excited about the advantages of being able to take the boat to MK and it also seems that the landscaping and pool area are both exceptional. We've been wanting to try a deluxe for a while so this is it.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Well, we went for it and booked WL. The comments from everyone were so positive. We are especially excited about the advantages of being able to take the boat to MK and it also seems that the landscaping and pool area are both exceptional. We've been wanting to try a deluxe for a while so this is it.

I don't want to say that you wont be disappointed because every person views things differently. But it is a really nice resort and you will feel you are staying anywhere but in Disney. Enjoy it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom