Using Uber / Lyft First Time at WDW

FinePhotoGraphx

Original Poster
Our family is staying in All Star Movies in late January. Would you recommend taking an Uber or Lyft to the parks instead of the bus since the hotel is so far out and then just taking the bus back to the hotel?

Does Disney have any official rules about this?

I've heard taking a ride share to the Magic Kingdom you should have them drop you off at the Contemporary and walk over. Are there any more tips like this?

Thanks.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
From the All Star resorts no I would not take Uber or Lyft.
I find the bus service from those resorts to be perfectly fine.
No there are not "rules" that I'm aware of.
Disney even has "Minnie Vans" which I believe is through Lyft.
If you take a Minnie Van to MK they can drop you off at the gate but if you take a 3rd party they can only get you as for as TTC so yes it would be advisable to take it to Contemporary and walk.
Like I said from the All Star resorts I would not use ride share.
There are other resorts that I would consider it but not the All Star resorts.

Rob562

The only time I'd use Uber would be if I were going to another resort, or perhaps if I were running late and needed to get to the park for a dinner reservation or something like that.

-Rob

FinePhotoGraphx

Original Poster
Wow, thanks for the community help!

Hmm, curious why you would not take ride share from All Star Movies? It is about a 45 minute Disney bus drive versus about 11 minutes by ride share. If you want to be their for rope drop, wouldn't it be worth the $11? There have been a few times when we have either been the very last people on a bus or the people who got the doors shut right before them and then you have to wait, plus the posted time for bus arrival isn't always accurate so you sort of have to camp out a place in line and get all your party members to dash over which is a bit stressful.

Also, I heard the service by the Minnie Van's is great but something like $99? That's insane.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Wow, thanks for the community help!

Hmm, curious why you would not take ride share from All Star Movies? It is about a 45 minute Disney bus drive versus about 11 minutes by ride share. If you want to be their for rope drop, wouldn't it be worth the $11? There have been a few times when we have either been the very last people on a bus or the people who got the doors shut right before them and then you have to wait, plus the posted time for bus arrival isn't always accurate so you sort of have to camp out a place in line and get all your party members to dash over which is a bit stressful.

Also, I heard the service by the Minnie Van's is great but something like $99? That's insane.

Where in the world are you getting 45 minutes?????
I've never ever been on any Disney bus getting from point A to point B for more than 20 minutes.

And $99 is clearly incorrect. I believe Minnie Vans start at $15 and are $2.75-$3 per mile

You need to do some better research.

Take ride share if you find it worth while but like I said for the All Star resorts I find the bus transportation acceptable.
Also like I said from certain resorts yes I'd consider it like next time I want to go from CR to HS for RD. Or from CSR to ANY park if I want to be there at RD (CSR buses were super unreliable the one time I stayed there but that was a number of years ago)
If you want efficient then values are the best for buses.

Last edited:

Rob562

45 minutes for a bus would be if you're traveling mid-day, you JUST missed the bus, the next one comes in 15-20 minutes, and then you're traveling all the way across property from All-Stars to MK or Disney Springs.

At/before park open, buses come more frequently.

-Rob

FinePhotoGraphx

Original Poster
Ah, I stand corrected. Sorry. I read it online somewhere and looked at the wrong icon in Google Maps that said 43 minutes. Glad it's more like 20. Got that solved. Thanks!

With that being said, the Disney site says they start running buses 45 minutes before park opening. Do you know if that includes 45 minutes before Extra Magic Morning hours?

I guess Uber / Lyft still might have its place if you want to be way before rope drop like at Hollywood Studios for the early days of Rise of the Resistance right? I don't think any bus is going to get you there 2 or more hours before rope drop. I could be wrong.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

NickPytlinski

i have found all resort buses are the best form of transport in the bubble unless in a major rush. sometimes still quick than an uber.

however we have used uber a number of times to go on and off site and disney seem fine with it. unless your driver is completely clueless so they have more of a problem with the driver than you as a guest,
just make sure you tell the driver exactly where you want to go. a couple of times they have dropped family off in the wrong location as the app uses like a pinpoint method so make sure the pin is in the correct spot before booking.

but the buses are the best way to get around on site without doubt and i dont think i have ever been on a bus for 45 mins to anywhere on site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom