Using the DDP for room service ?

Jess G

Original Poster
I understand it takes 2 credits per meal for room service. Would I be able to order multiple items and use 2 credits for one meal and pay for the rest out of pocket?

Thanks!

Weather_Lady

Sorry - no personal experience here, but I'm sure you can. It's perfectly acceptable and do-able to split the bill at a TS restaurant (where part of the table is paying with the DDP and part is paying with cash, or where part of the meal is covered by the DDP while other items -- alcoholic beverages and appetizers -- aren't). As such, I don't see why you can't split a room service bill the same way. If worse came to worst and they told you it was impossible -- no problem! Call twice, and place two separate orders for room service -- pay with the first via DDP and the second via credit.

Last edited:

21stamps

@21stamps have you ever done this? I know you're a room service fan, and I recall you having the DP last yr?

I've done room service but never on the DP...

No, I’ve never used credits for it. Horrible value. I think the meals were only about $12-$20.

...but then again, I ended up with a bunch of cupcakes from unused credits anyway, so maybe it wouldn’t have been such a bad value..lol

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Shouldn't be a problem. Just tell Room Service when you call. Nothing is charged until the food is delivered, anyway. You can use your 2 DDP credits, charge to your room, use a credit card, or pay cash. Just know that the fees & tip will have to be covered by cash or credit card.

@21stamps, you couldn't have walked over to Gasparillas to get those cupcakes, lol? I agree, Room Service isn't the best value. But when you're not feeling well or you've killed your feet walking 10 miles that day... I will admit I've done Room Service when I was just too lazy and tired to visit a restaurant. But since I now stay in a 1 bedroom DVC villa, I've got a full kitchen..and a frig full of food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom