Using Polynesian Beach

rljackson

My family will be staying at the Shades of Green Resort this March. We usually go to the pool there but were thinking of walking over to the Polynesian and going to the beach one day. Is this allowed or is it frowned upon?

stlbobby

I think the beach and pool are two separate issues. The beach is a part of the common open area of the resort and for everyone to enjoy. Disney encourages guests to explore the resort areas--of course they're hoping you find the gift shop or a reason to return.

The pools are for guests of that resort. It is an amenity, the guests pay for.

DVC members have the option to pool hop because it sounds cool and is a little used perk, and in a vague way DVC members are buying into WDW as a whole.

I can see the appeal of taking a few minutes on a hot day to sneak out of the parks and take a dip in a near-by pool, but it is technically not allowed. I believe Disney's enforcement varies by design. What is a huge problem in July is probably not even noticed in December.

I know if guests complain the offenders will always be asked to leave.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Last year we stayed at the Boardwalk in June. There were several days during our trip that we went back for a mid day break. On those occassions the main pool, with the slide was very crowded. I went to get drink refills and came back and a family..mom, dad, g'ma, g'pa were sitting next to me while the kids were swimming. I asked if this was their first stay at the Boardwalk (it was ours), they said, no they were staying off property but spending the day at Epcot and just taking a mid day break. Since Y&B club card their guests for Stormalong Bay, perhaps Boardwalk (& Swan and Dolphin) need to do the same, since they are so close to the Studios and Epcot.

Our upcoming summer trip is at Yacht and the girls can't wait to hit Stormalong Bay!

I always believed the beach areas is common area

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

I think the beach and pool are two separate issues. The beach is a part of the common open area of the resort and for everyone to enjoy. Disney encourages guests to explore the resort areas--of course they're hoping you find the gift shop or a reason to return.

The pools are for guests of that resort. It is an amenity, the guests pay for.

DVC members have the option to pool hop because it sounds cool and is a little used perk, and in a vague way DVC members are buying into WDW as a whole.

I can see the appeal of taking a few minutes on a hot day to sneak out of the parks and take a dip in a near-by pool, but it is technically not allowed. I believe Disney's enforcement varies by design. What is a huge problem in July is probably not even noticed in December.

I know if guests complain the offenders will always be asked to leave.

Very Good Post!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Beaches (and the surrounding areas) are not pools and are free for anyone to use, even those staying off site. As was stated above they are part of the common area like the hotel, restaurants & shops.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom