Using Old Park Hoppers & MM+

ntoeman

My fiancee and I will be headed to the World for two days prior to our cruise on the Magic in mid-February and we will be using old park hoppers those days. I've already checked with Disney that we can use these tickets, but now I'm looking for advice as to how/where we should transfer them to new/usable tickets.

We are planning on getting to AK in the afternoon for a few rides until it closes at 8pm and then heading over to MK which closes at 1am. (As of right now we have a late dinner reservation Be Our Guest as well!!) So should we be able to take care of the tickets at the AK Guest Relations when we get there? I'm trying to keep a close eye on the MyMagic+ testing as well, since we will be non-resort, and I'm hoping we can take advantage of that in some way. Any guesses as to what to expect with that? We will be doing HS/EP on Sunday.

Thanks for any advice on this!

Rob562

Question: How old are the tickets? Have they been purchased in the past year or two?

If they have a small My Disney Experience logo (Mickey head inside a circle) somewhere on the back, then they're already RFID tickets and can be used as-is at the park entrance. If not, then just make a quick visit to Guest Relations at your first park. Should only take a couple of minutes.

If FP+ expands to non-resort guests before your trip, you could try adding the tickets to your MDE profiles beforehand. If they're older tickets, click on the link at the bottom that says something like "For tickets purchased before March 2012" to get the older ticket types and find out what serial numbers you need to enter off of them.

-Rob

Upvote 0

ryguy

I had the same issue. I had quite a few old tickets so I was told to go to guest relations. Basically they transfer your old tickets to a new hard ticket (kinda like the old room keys). Like Rob said they now have a rfid so I can enter the parks and use the fast pass system. It only took me a few minutes to get this done. Once I had the new tickets I was able to scan the ticket into my phone with the Disney app. Then I was able to get my three fast passes for the day. It was remarkably simple. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

ntoeman

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips! They are older (around 1999 old!!) and I did see where I could enter them into my profile but I will likely just hold off for now and we will make our way to guest relations as soon as we get in!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom