Using my mothers band and FP

G00fyDad

This discussion is still going on??
Reaction+Head+Bash.gif

Cosmic Commando

Disney says that Fastpasses are transferable, just not the bands that can access them. So it's just the method that's the alleged issue, not granny giving her family her FP for RnRC. It's no different IMO than unfastening and refastening a rope to "cut" through an empty queue instead of walking all the way around.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Disney says that Fastpasses are transferable, just not the bands that can access them. So it's just the method that's the alleged issue, not granny giving her family her FP for RnRC. It's no different IMO than unfastening and refastening a rope to "cut" through an empty queue instead of walking all the way around.
Good bottom line.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Not sure why this is an argument. You want to be legitimate? Transfer the FP in MDE. Pretty easy to do. If you don't feel like messing with MDE, no one should care because you're effectively just doing the lazy way of transferring.

You're doing something Disney expressly tells you not to do if you share the band. The only legitimate option is to transfer the FP. It's not even difficult to do. Being on vacation isn't a fastpass to entitlement. :joyfull:

JillC LI

I know it's illegal to take a candy bar, but it's only $1.00 and it's not like I'll have to serve time if I get caught.

I didn't take anything that wasn't already freely given to my family - unlike in your irrelevant example of the $1 candy bar. I sleep soundly at night. :D

correcaminos

You're doing something Disney expressly tells you not to do if you share the band. The only legitimate option is to transfer the FP. It's not even difficult to do. Being on vacation isn't a fastpass to entitlement. :joyfull:
We had a lot of issues with MDE working. The website was down as well as the app. You can better believe if the site is down as it was off and on (for hours at a time) during our last stay I will give the band.

Seriously I am a rule follower, but your responses can be darn condescending at times in this thread. So people swap, big deal, technically that part is fine. I could also argue that all those bands are mine and on my account anyway, so I can swap them around if I want :p

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
We had a lot of issues with MDE working. The website was down as well as the app. You can better believe if the site is down as it was off and on (for hours at a time) during our last stay I will give the band.

Seriously I am a rule follower, but your responses can be darn condescending at times in this thread. So people swap, big deal, technically that part is fine. I could also argue that all those bands are mine and on my account anyway, so I can swap them around if I want :p

I'm no more condescending than anyone else. The bands may be yours, but the accounts that they're connected too are not. Technically it is not fine no matter how you feel about it. If you want to swap them, swap them, but it's a foolish notion to sell yourself the idea that it's "fine".

Last edited:

correcaminos

I'm no more condescending than anyone else. The bands may be yours, but the accounts that they're connected too are not. Technically is is not fine no matter how you feel about it. If you want to swap them, swap them, but it's a foolish notion to sell yourself the idea that it's "fine".
No, they are on my account. They are not on any other account out there. Only I with my username and password can get to them. You cannot argue they are on another account. They are all part of my one account for MDE. Now if my DH had his own account I'd argue differently, but he doesn't. Nor do any offspring. My dad does have his own account though and I'd agree with you on that.

I do think if MDE is working, transferring is legally the right thing to do, but if it isn't or someone has issues with it, I don't care.

And I'm one who is a stickler for pool hopping and guests at pool rules too!

The smilies make you come across as condescending. I don't see many others using them in the same way. That's all (not trying to be rude, just honest with what I saw).

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
No, they are on my account. They are not on any other account out there. Only I with my username and password can get to them. You cannot argue they are on another account. They are all part of my one account for MDE. Now if my DH had his own account I'd argue differently, but he doesn't. Nor do any offspring. My dad does have his own account though and I'd argue differently.

I do think if MDE is working, transferring is legally the right thing to do, but if it isn't or someone has issues with it, I don't care.

And I'm one who is a stickler for pool hopping and guests at pool rules too!

You do not own your account, Disney owns the account. You agreed to their terms and conditions when you signed up for it. Are you OK with people who don't shower before they get in the pool?

correcaminos

You do not own your account, Disney owns the account. You agreed to their terms and conditions when you signed up for it. Are you OK with people who don't shower before they get in the pool?
But you just said they are different accounts and what do you mean by they own my account? They explicitly say they do not own user generated content, but by signing up we grant them rights to use it in certain ways. They have the right to terminate the account if you do anything illegal or against their terms. That's not ownership of an account. I do a lot of web work and while I can terminate or ban an account, I do not own them nor have rights to change the content in them.

So I'm not sure at all what you mean by the account being owned by them. We are guests on their site, not things they can control.

The pool showers are not something I thought about truthfully. If they actually had a lot more working showers around the pools I would say more but my last stay I couldn't find one. It's a health issue and not sure how wearing my suit can wash away the particles in certain spots that they worry most about ;)

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
But you just said they are different accounts and what do you mean by they own my account? They explicitly say they do not own user generated content, but by signing up we grant them rights to use it in certain ways. They have the right to terminate the account if you do anything illegal or against their terms. That's not ownership of an account. I do a lot of web work and while I can terminate or ban an account, I do not own them nor have rights to change the content in them.

So I'm not sure at all what you mean by the account being owned by them. We are guests on their site, not things they can control.

The pool showers are not something I thought about truthfully. If they actually had a lot more working showers around the pools I would say more but my last stay I couldn't find one. It's a health issue and not sure how wearing my suit can wash away the particles in certain spots that they worry most about ;)

Your magic band has a serial number that is used to identify your band to Disney. That links your band to your account on Disney's servers which contains all of your selections and ticket data. None of that data is stored on the band. They own the account and grant you access to use it when you sign up. They have the right to terminate the account if you do anything against their terms, like handing your band to someone else. They technically own the account and grant you permission to use it.

My point with the pool shower is that it seems like a rule that someone could look past, like sharing a band. It helps make my point that breaking a rule no matter how insignificant it may seem doesn't make it "fine". ;)

correcaminos

Your magic band has a serial number that is used to identify your band to Disney. That links your band to your account on Disney's servers which contains all of your selections and ticket data. None of that data is stored on the band. They own the account and grant you access to use it when you sign up. They have the right to terminate the account if you do anything against their terms, like handing your band to someone else. They technically own the account and grant you permission to use it.

My point with the pool shower is that it seems like a rule that someone could look past, like sharing a band. It helps make my point that breaking a rule no matter how insignificant it may seem doesn't make it "fine". ;)
Not sure where the magic band 101 came from. I am well aware on how it is linked. That said all media and all bands are on my account. Not on multiple accounts. They are all user content owned by me (by Disney's fine print).

I still don't agree on technical ownership, but I read through the entire form searching for any idea of ownership and they only state they do not own our content. All other mention of ownership had to do with Disney in a more generic sense. Generally speaking on my work sites, we do not own their account. They own it, and we grant access or deny it. I cannot claim ownership of anything of theirs.

Okay I used the winking smiley to imply something sensitive. Why are you using it? If pool rules state to shower, I shower. If I do not see those pool rules or a shower, I won't shower. I tend to shower shortly before going in my home/room anyway. I tend not to worry about what others do though which is my point. I'd suggest you worry about yourself and not others so much as well.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Not sure where the magic band 101 came from. I am well aware on how it is linked. That said all media and all bands are on my account. Not on multiple accounts. They are all user content owned by me (by Disney's fine print).

I still don't agree on technical ownership, but I read through the entire form searching for any idea of ownership and they only state they do not own our content. All other mention of ownership had to do with Disney direct. Generally speaking on my work sites, we do not own their account. They own it, and we grant access or deny it. I cannot claim ownership of anything of theirs.

Okay I used the winking smiley to imply something sensitive. Why are you using it? As I said your use of smilies are making you seem a bit condescending. If pool rules state to shower, I shower. If I do not see those pool rules or a shower, I won't shower. I tend to shower shortly before going in my home/room anyway. I tend not to worry about what others do though which is my point. I'd suggest you worry about yourself and not others so much as well.

They may be on your account, but that doesn't make you the authorized user. The authorized user is the person who holds the specific ticket linked to the band. They are the only ones entitled to use the band for any FP+ linked to that ticket.

You don't have to agree to technical ownership, they reserve the right to terminate and that means you don't own the account.

I used ;) for the same reason you did. What makes you think that my smileys are condescending but yours wouldn't be perceived the same way? If the pool rules state to shower, you shower. If the MM+ rules say you can't share a band you don't share a band. Transfer the FP+ from one ticket/band to another and move on. I'm not worrying about anyone else, just making a statement that just because someone feels like it's ok, that doesn't make it ok. If it doesn't apply to you, why worry about my words?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

I still don't agree on technical ownership, but I read through the entire form searching for any idea of ownership and they only state they do not own our content.

Did you? It's right in section 2 of the terms of use that you agree to when you create an account.

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 8.23.56 PM.png

The Disney Services are our copyrighted property or the copyrighted property of our licensors or licensees and all trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and other intellectual property rights in the Disney Services are owned by us or our licensors or licensees.
Except as we specifically agree in writing, no element of the Disney Services may be used or exploited in any way other than as part of the Disney Services offered to you. You may own the physical media on which elements of the Disney Services are delivered to you, but we retain full and complete ownership of the Disney Services. We do not transfer title to any portion of the Disney Services to you.

https://disneytermsofuse.com/english/

correcaminos

Did you? It's right in section 2 of the terms of use that you agree to when you create an account.

View attachment 212578

The Disney Services are our copyrighted property or the copyrighted property of our licensors or licensees and all trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and other intellectual property rights in the Disney Services are owned by us or our licensors or licensees.
Except as we specifically agree in writing, no element of the Disney Services may be used or exploited in any way other than as part of the Disney Services offered to you. You may own the physical media on which elements of the Disney Services are delivered to you, but we retain full and complete ownership of the Disney Services. We do not transfer title to any portion of the Disney Services to you.

https://disneytermsofuse.com/english/
I did (see you're being condescending again)

To me (and I asked an unbiased source in this house) Disney Services is what they provide. Not your account. Services as what they offer on the site and in the parks due to your account, but not your account. What you bolded in the first part is defined as "Disney Services" and that has to do with the Disney name and what they give. Nothing to do with an account.

I'm not a lawyer though, just one who works in the tech world and runs a few business based web sites with similar type of accounts.

mousehockey37

If Disney really wanted to crack down, all they would have to do is link your picture to your band(s)/account... which they do. If you've ever had a problem with getting into the parks, remember that they take their iPad or whatever it is, and take your picture and override the system, once they check to make sure you have valid admission to the park.

Disney could easily just require that you stop at the front desk/front of the park and have your picture taken and it links to everything else. So if granny passes off her band, you go to use the FP, CM sees you aren't granny... bam, done, you're caught.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I did (see you're being condescending again)

To me (and I asked an unbiased source in this house) Disney Services is what they provide. Not your account. Services as what they offer on the site and in the parks due to your account, but not your account. What you bolded in the first part is defined as "Disney Services" and that has to do with the Disney name and what they give. Nothing to do with an account.

I'm not a lawyer though, just one who works in the tech world and runs a few business based web sites with similar type of accounts.

Disney Services is how they define the service that provides your account. It's literally defined in section 1.

1. Contract between You and Us

This is a contract between you and Disney Interactive, a California corporation located at 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, California 91521, USA, or between you and any different service provider identified for a particular Disney Service. You must read and agree to these terms before using the Disney Services. If you do not agree, you may not use the Disney Services.

You're not the only person here that works in the tech world, and working in the tech world doesn't automatically make you an expert.

That was condescending. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom