Using Fast Pass

MBUK

Original Poster
Hi all,

Sorry in advance, I expect this has been asked 100 times before.

I'm planning on visiting WDW for two weeks in May 2022 (traveling from the UK). I'm going to buy a 14 day ticket in advance, which will allow me to visit all the WDW parks.

Assuming that Fast Passes are available again and things are back to normal... Hypothetically, will I be able to book 3 attractions for each of the 14 days I'll be visiting?
If so, this means I could fast pass up to 42 attractions 30 days in advance.

FYI, I don't plan on attending the parks on all 14 days.

Tony the Tigger

Hi all,

I'm planning on visiting WDW for two weeks in May 2022 (traveling from the UK). I'm going to buy a 14 day ticket in advance, which will allow me to visit all the WDW parks.

Assuming that Fast Passes are available again and things are back to normal... Hypothetically, will I be able to book 3 attractions for each of the 14 days I'll be visiting?

Honestly, we don’t know what FP is going to look like if/when it comes back. There are other threads detailing all the rumours about what might or might not happen.

If it comes back as it was, yes, you’d be able to pre-book 3 attractions in one park per day. After using your 3 on a given day, you’d be able to book more for the same day in any park.

MBUK

Original Poster
Honestly, we don’t know what FP is going to look like if/when it comes back. There are other threads detailing all the rumours about what might or might not happen.

If it comes back as it was, yes, you’d be able to pre-book 3 attractions in one park per day. After using your 3 on a given day, you’d be able to book more for the same day in any park.
Thanks Tony

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hi all,

Rumors are all over the place from no fp to paid fp to resorts get something fp to who the heck knows what so keep an eye out on the front page. If something happens it will be posted there

nickys

Premium Member
Just to add, you say 30 days so I assume you’re planning to stay offsite. So if FP+ was to return in it’s old form, you would need to book the fastpasses each day, 30 days out. You could only book them all at once if staying onsite.

But the chances are that there will be a replacement FastPass system in place by then.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
The way the tickets worked in the past was that you could only book fast passes on the amount of days you had tickets. So if you're staying 14 days but only buy 10 days of park passes, you could only book fastpasses on ten days of your stay.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The way the tickets worked in the past was that you could only book fast passes on the amount of days you had tickets. So if you're staying 14 days but only buy 10 days of park passes, you could only book fastpasses on ten days of your stay.
They sell 14 day tickets on the other side of the pond

Weather_Lady

They could still book fastpasses on each of those 14 days though, and then decide at the time which days to go.
But wouldn't they potentially need to make park passes for those days, too? (Just to pile one hypothetical factor onto another...) ;)
Or do you think once some version of Fastpass is back, Disney will abandon park reservations as a redundant way to predict guest attendance, at least for those guests who are making Fastpasses?

nickys

Premium Member
But wouldn't they potentially need to make park passes for those days, too? (Just to pile one hypothetical factor onto another...) ;)
Or do you think once some version of Fastpass is back, Disney will abandon park reservations as a redundant way to predict guest attendance, at least for those guests who are making Fastpasses?
The question was about the old fastpass system. I don’t think that will return. But exactly the same applies to park reservations.

As things stand they could book 14 days of park reservations as they will have 14 day tickets. They could then choose which days they actually visit. For example, they could book 3 days at each park and an extra day each at MK and DHS. Then they might decide to just do 2 days at each park and visit other places on the remaining days.

MickeyLuv'r

Right. But they specifically mentioned they weren't going to go to the Parks all 14 days
But they also specifically said they were buying 14-day tickets. As long as they have a valid ticket for each day, (and perhaps a park reservation), it doesn't matter how many days they actually go to the parks.

Except: 1. There's currently no FP and 2.) Currently a daily park reservation is needed. We don't yet know if park reservations would be needed.

There was also a limitation - I think- on American domestic guests. I think it was 10 days of pre-booked FP, but I'm not 100% sure of that. Americans couldn't buy 14 day tickets, only ten-day passes or AP's. If you had an AP, you could usually only book a rolling 7 days of FP. UNLESS if you were an AP holder AND you had a 8+ day hotel reservation THEN I think you could book FP for up to 10 days? People who booked multiple stays less than 2 months apart ran into this limit, which would have been mainly only travel agents. I do not know if foreign park-goers had the same limit, especially since they were able to buy 14-day tickets.

I would perhaps also add that...not all FP are equal. IMO, WDW doesn't really have 42 different attractions that are worthy of a pre-booked FP.

The parks also had the tiers limitation rule. You could only choose 1 FP from the list of attractions that were in tier 1.

nickys

Premium Member
But they also specifically said they were buying 14-day tickets. As long as they have a valid ticket for each day, (and perhaps a park reservation), it doesn't matter how many days they actually go to the parks.

Except: 1. There's currently no FP and 2.) Currently a daily park reservation is needed. We don't yet know if park reservations would be needed.

There was also a limitation - I think- on American domestic guests. I think it was 10 days of pre-booked FP, but I'm not 100% sure of that. Americans couldn't buy 14 day tickets, only ten-day passes or AP's. If you had an AP, you could usually only book a rolling 7 days of FP. UNLESS if you were an AP holder AND you had a 8+ day hotel reservation THEN I think you could book FP for up to 10 days? People who booked multiple stays less than 2 months apart ran into this limit, which would have been mainly only travel agents. I do not know if foreign park-goers had the same limit, especially since they were able to buy 14-day tickets.

I would perhaps also add that...not all FP are equal. IMO, WDW doesn't really have 42 different attractions that are worthy of a pre-booked FP.

The parks also had the tiers limitation rule. You could only choose 1 FP from the list of attractions that were in tier 1.
We could book 14 days worth at 60 days out, and then more on a rolling day by day basis, so the 15th day at 59 days out, the 16th day at 58 days out etc.

The same applied to AP holders staying onsite, 14 days was the limit all at once.

The tiers of course only applied per day. So you could book duplicate days for certain parks &/or rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom