USFL on FS1

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I was scrolling thru my tv channels and I briefly settled on a USFL Football game. Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh. Yet the game location was in Birmingham! The stadium was 95% empty. Not surprising. Why would people in Alabama want to see a USFL game featuring two teams from Pennsylvanian? 🤔 Is anyone reading this able to share why these two PA teams are battling in front of an empty stadium in Birmingham? 🤔

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

I was scrolling thru my tv channels and I briefly settled on a USFL Football game. Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh. Yet the game location was in Birmingham! The stadium was 95% empty. Not surprising. Why would people in Alabama want to see a USFL game featuring two teams from Pennsylvanian? 🤔 Is anyone reading this able to share why these two PA teams are battling in front of an empty stadium in Birmingham? 🤔
Entire Season will be in Birmingham

The 80s version attendance was bad (not as bad is the current) as well….the PA would ask EVERYONE to move to the middle sections of the field the make it appear there were more fans

Lilofan

When I saw Hershel Walker and the NJ Generals at Giants Stadium in the hot summer of 1985, fans were allowed to bring in ice coolers with beer and other drinks into the stadium . It was a wild and drunken time. Fast forward to current time, not so. Attendance back in the day was much better and we wrecked havoc on the visiting team when we sat lower level 50 yard line behind the visitor bench.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I just saw this. Had I tried a little harder before posting my OP above, this would have answered my original question.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom